Pics of CJ7 w/Waggie D44s uncut..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Pics of CJ7 w/Waggie D44s uncut.....

Went to the Jeep Jamboree this past weekend at the YO Ranch. I took some pics of this CJ7 with full width G. Wagoneer axles. I am thinking about doing this on my 82 Scrambler. Those are 35x12.5 BFG Mud Terrains.

Later,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Pics of CJ7 w/Waggie D44s uncut.....

This is the current project on my 76 Cj. Full width G waggie D44's. Looks great. I was wondering what it was going to look like.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]<font color=red>76 CJ-7</font color=red> Waiting for my 350cid.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That looks good..

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I think it looks cool also. You could probably even get those tires under some 6-7" flares. I have more pics of the spring hanger relocation and his SOA setup.

Later,

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Please send the pics. I can use them as a guide when I do mine. It would be appreciated

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]<font color=red>76 CJ-7</font color=red> Waiting for my 350cid.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hate to point this out but, those arn't g-waggie axles. Maybe just waggie axles. The g-waggie front is driver's side drop and that is passenger side.

Hate to be picky, but I would hate it if someone just bought, sight unseen, some g-waggie axles for their CJ. G-waggie's are great swap material for YJ's though.

What ever they are, they look great. I like the full size axles on any Jeep. Cuts down on mobility and the ability to squeze between stuff, but it is more stable.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the help Tom, Great pics, I'd also like the pictures of the soa mounts... havent decided how to mount the springs on the m38 frame... if I put the 74ish cherokee axles on. Any ideas? SOA would be neat, if I mounted the rear springs outboard the axle. What type of springs would be best? Cherokee springs are about 54 inches in rear, 52 or so in front, I think cj7 springs are about 4 inches shorter? By the way the widths of the cherokee axles are about 72-73 inches with the 33x12.50s on. Maybe I could get some wheels that are inset in? Hopefully this project will come together.

Thanks,
Andy

46 cj2a beater/future rebuild project
maybe a trail jeep?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Those are definitely Grand Wagoneer axles. G. Wagoneers made before 1980 had passenger side drop. So you are partially correct. G. Wagoneer axles are a great swap for both YJs and CJs, you just have to make sure you get the right year for your vehicle. I will make a page on my website with the pics and post the address later.

Thanks,
Tom

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I stand corrected.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 08:43 AM
Can't Get Enough

Yeah, Ive been considering that conversion for my 82 Scrambler as well. That does look sharp. Well I guess I'll get some use out of the ones I just put on for a while til I can afford something else. How was the Jambo, I wanted to be there, but damn they ar expensive, charging that much per person is a little steep for me since I'm trying to get some upgrade done to the Jeep. If ya got any pics lets see them, I'm interested in seeing what the YO looks like.

82 Scrambler, 360, T5, D300, 4" SUA, AMC20 w/rear discs and Somers Bros 1 piece axle shafts, D30, 3:73's, and lockers.
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode