wheeling in seattle.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

wheeling in seattle....

it seems that i can go to whidbey island immide=iately...while i wantedto go to california... are there good trails near seattle???

~~Elusive~~
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]safaried..1 ton drivetrain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj,lift,33's..etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 06:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: wheeling in seattle....

I believe that there is some good stuff around Olympic National Park(in the Nat'l forest that surrounds the park, can't recall the name). It should be right up your alley. Wet, lots of mud, hills, trees, rocks, etc. etc.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 06:49 PM
Veteran

What a scammer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]!!!

<font color=red>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it<font color=white>
Semper Jeep<font color=blue>
http://www.jeepgod.net<font color=black>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ohh.. whos the scammer??? MR.. Enrique suave albany grunt.... what MEU is in Albany??? what dets do YOU support??? grunt my A$$!!!

~~Elusive~~
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]safaried..1 ton drivetrain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj,lift,33's..etc
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 08:42 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Elusive

If you make it to Seattle , we`ll get together and do some wheelin` this summer. I`m about 150 miles North . Just a couple hours away [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jeff

<font color=red>
1979 CJ5
Almost finished [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ( Ya Right ! )</font color=red>

<font color=black>When is Summer going to be here? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:08 PM
Pooh-Bah

Thers quite a few great places around the Northwest. Evans Creek at the base of Rainier, has good trails, rocks, ruts, etc, its an orv park of sorts, plus lots around the penninsula. e-mail any time if you want company or directions.

pbm
74 cj5,304,t15,d20,30f,44r,soa,buggy front,35's,full cage,air,etc.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Elusive, I'm on Camano Island, which is just across the bay from Whidbey Island. There's a lot of wheeling to do over here. Lots of trails with plenty of challenges for all. Walker Valley is probably the closest to where you would be (an hour or so drive?) If you get over this way, let me know. There are several people on this board from Seattle to Vancouver B.C. I think you'll like it.

Darren

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 10:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go East young man. Manastash Ridge near Ellensburg has some great wheeling. All USFS trail systems. There are alot of good trails in the area and farther South in the Cascades. I have been there a few time. I live in Spokane.

Rick

'98 TJ Sport, 31" BFG's (for now), Tera 3", No-Slip in the Dana 44...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 11:06 PM

You can goto the Olympics, the Cascades, play in Bremerton, go down to Oregon, or up to Vancouver. There are a ton of places to go, you just have to get out and look. Winter time is pretty soupy, and Capitol forest closes for the season so the trails dont get too beat up. I have been out to Eatonville, and that was pretty nice if your into trails, mud and ruts! Im in the Air Force, and moved here from Charleston SC. the weather takes some getting used to, but the summers are fantastic!!!!!!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Western Washington is the evergreen state which means it is a pretty good place for a hardtop. Yes it rains but not that bad, other places have snow and ice, well we get rain instead. Actually about 16 inches a year where your looking I think. I live on the base of the Olympic Mountains and find it pretty cool. Whidbey island is a good place too. Lots to do in this area. Look forward to having another Jeeper in the area if you make it out.......

Rich

76 CJ5 304 "its a JEEP thing, I hope you understand"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode