Roll Cage Pictures - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 12:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Roll Cage Pictures

OK - Here's some pictures of the cage. This first one gives you an idea. I used the stock "A" style roll bar, Kentrol front hoop and spreaders, and lots of 2" and 1.5" DOM, etc.

It's tied in in 8 places, 4 frame tie-ins in the front cab, 2 at the very rear by the removable rear cross bar, and two in the corner of the cowl where the front cross bar meets the front hoop. The 6 main frame tie-ins are made from .125 wall, 1.75x3" box galvanized steel.

The seats are sitting on two 1.5" bars that go across the cab and form a ladder-like structure. There are 74 3/8"x1" stainless bolts holing it in to the Jeep.

The seatbelt shoulder harnesses are spreaders of 1.5" tubing that are in the middle of the stock bar's triangle.

Chuck Hadley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354563-Jeep-20010303-02.jpg (93.1 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Roll Cage Pictures

Here is a close up of the tie-in at the dash. This is for the purpose of the cage giving the cowl support, and not vice-versa - I'm not a big fan of those cages that end here - I say do both! Anyway, this shows that, the front crossbar, the grab handle, one of the air chucks for the On-Board Air that uses the cage as a tank, the diamond-plate dash overlay (because the dash was all mangled), and the On-Board Welder. This was an old rusty red Link-Arc that I repainted.

Chuck Hadley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354576-Jeep-20010303-03.jpg (90.1 KB, 9 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:04 PM

Chuck-
That cage looks GREAT!
I especially like the diagonal next to the seat serving as both side impact and hoop intregrety...
I gave your pic a going over to lighten and give more contrast to more easily see this beauty. Take a look.
Good Job!

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354582-ChucksJeepCage.jpg (55.0 KB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This picture was taken right below the last one - it is where the front hoop meets the floor on the passenger side, and where the side bar meets the front hoop. The plate is 1/4" and has a matching plate underneath that is part of the foot. This also shows the input for the air tank which is a 3000 psi piece of air hose that was painted with Durabak when I did the floor. The cage is painted with 3 coats of black Rust-Oleum brushed on.

Chuck Hadley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354585-Jeep-20010303-04.jpg (85.8 KB, 9 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:11 PM

Attached is a touch up of the dash pic ...

JAF
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This shot shows how all of the seat mount, etc. gets tied in. This shows the rear feet in the cab (with mtching foot to frame underneath), and the protection hidden right behind the rocker. This bar is what the whole seat mount is tied to. This picture also shows one of the seat-belt mounts, you can see the shoulder harness bar, and also how well the Durabak turned out.

Chuck Hadley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354592-Jeep-20010303-05.jpg (88.1 KB, 6 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, this one shows something I dreamed up that worked out really well. You know how the factory "A" style bar mounts through the side of the body? Well, I carried that forth all the way down the side with strong tabs welded on that have 3/8" bolts going out to the side (which is covered in 1/8" diamond plate from one end of the Jeep to the other) inside of little tubes made out of 1/2" I.D. galvanized pipe. This should prevent what happened last year at Rocker-panel heaven in Tellico... :-) (I know - it's ridiculous)

Chuck Hadley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354606-Jeep-20010303-06.jpg (97.5 KB, 5 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:35 PM

Sorry, Chuck
Here's yer dash ...

JAF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354626-ChucksJeepCage2.jpg (36.8 KB, 5 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here's my last shot. This shows the removable cross-bar in the rear - in case you want to put something big in there... The rear seat still fits in the stock location - This bar goes right behind it. You can also see the four spreaders up top in this and the back of the '94 MX-6 seats. Plus, this is another good shot of the Durabak, and the recessed tail-lights and D-shackles (the shackles have been there for years and they are great!)

And, you can see the truck and the Concorde in this shot too! :-)

Struggling a little with getting this one posted... Stand by :-(

Chuck Hadley
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here's that rear shot - I couldn't add it to the post above... :-(

Chuck Hadley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-354647-Jeep-20010303-07.jpg (92.1 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode