VENTING about parts suppliers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

VENTING about parts suppliers

QUADRATECH strikes again. ok nobody flame me for ordering from Quad. a couple of weeks after i bought my CJ i ordered some floor pan metal and a windshield frame. yesterday i go to put the frame in and the DS screws on the front of the frame aren't even threaded. ok so i move to the PS thinking there is some way i can tap those myself later. PS front nut plate is threaded but NO WAY the holes line up, someone put the nutplate in backwards or upside down or something. now you're thinking...stop whining, get another frame and move on. but consider the time i have waited already, the $$, and i just got the thing painted. no way Quad is gonna pay $150 to paint the replacement frame even if they send one which i doubt. i called their cust. service and he said "WHOA, i gotta send this to my super, there's nothing i can do. he'll get back to ya'"
this is after they have sent me the WRONG parts in the past!!
OK OK i'm thru. i figure most of this ranting is caused by jeep withdrawal syndrome. at least my pile of parts is back home now!

83 CJ-7 TF-999, Original stock EVERYTHING when purchased. Now added leafs, shackles and shocks with new 33's. AND FINALLY PAINT !!!!! Now lets break something!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 11:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: VENTING about parts suppliers

I've only ordered once from them, got an aluminum valve cover. It fit fine, no problems with their service. But, I usually order parts from 4WDHW, so my experience with Q-tech is limited.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Vice-Pres. Rock Garden 4 Wheelers, Farmington, NM
http://rockgarden.rockcrawler.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah it's probably a fluke. at least i hope so for all the wheelers out there that need parts on occasion. we'll see if they help me out at all

83 CJ-7 TF-999, Original stock EVERYTHING when purchased. Now added leafs, shackles and shocks with new 33's. AND FINALLY PAINT !!!!! Now lets break something!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 06:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well it was no fluke, they are truely NOT consumer oriented; sorry to bring this up again but it bears notice by all of you, so you can make informed decision on who to buy from. the superviser for Q-tech never bothered to call me back today so i called them. their response was to CHARGE ME FOR A SECOND WINDSHIELD FRAME and ship it to me while they figure out what they want to do.
well they can spend the thousand or so dollars they already got from me cause they won't get another penny!!!
sure glad i didn't put that sticker on my CJ yet

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 11:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is something I noticed over at their bulletin board. Go over there and vent. I noticed they monitor the board close and do not like negative feedback being published. I saw that they take care of problems in a hurry when this is done! Maybe a subject like WHY won’t quadratec stand behind what they sell. Or something of that nature should get their attention! Nothing like hitting them on their turf with a bunch of product buyers watching.

Go to their web site and you can click on bulletin board.

Hope this helps.

The Missouri Mule
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanx i'm on my way!!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 08:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the direct to Q-tech BBS
within 45 minutes of posting my complaint their E-commerce manager had the problem fixed and the customer happy.
Pending a satisfactory outcome on delivery!
So thanx to you and cudoes to Q-tech for standing behind their customers
it's pretty refreshing
but i did see alot of complaints about steel horse products, what's up there???

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 11:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glad to be of help. This is my opinion only! I will never ever buy another product from Steel Horse. I have purchased 2 products form them and both are junk. Example: I bought a set of stainless steel mirrors and both of the arms have broken at the welds. This is not from off roading. I always take my mirrors off before wheeling. I learned the hard way that mirrors and wheeling in the woods do not mix. Rust Donkeys products are made of very cheap material and will not hold up long.

The Missouri Mule
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode