RE 4.5\" LIFT summary
well after 2 long days of installing lift i can say i didn't think there would be so many probs-WAAAAAA![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
1) can't get pitman arm off-rust
2) had to mount rear shocks up-side down- they were hitting the axle tube. hope these DOETSCH shocks can function this way.
3) had to drill out the center hole on the rear u-bolt bracket that goes under the spring pack-no big deal.
4) i had a lot of rusted bolts-bitch!
5) top rear shackle bolts had to be cut to get out-otherwise would have to drop the gas tank! factory obviously put shackles on first before tank-they could have put the nut towards the tank!BOZOS!
6) RE says remove the rear track bar and leave off-didn't offer any way of keeping-guess i don't need?
7) emergency brake lines to both rear wheels weren't addressed-no new extended lines! the right rear was pulling hard and i had to give it some relief by disconnecting it's hold -down bracket at bottom of body dead ctr. i don't think this is very sanitary-will prob have to get longer lines/cables![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
8) the vacuum lines to the front axle ripped out while installing front springs! don't think they were damaged and found some extra length under hood.
more later, i'm thisty!