Off Roading Forums banner

258/360 swap again!!!

400 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I hung the motor mount assemblies on the motor while it was on the motor stand and measured across from one side to the other. It measured 28-1/4 inches, I measured from inside of frame to inside of frame on the cjh and have 25-3/4 inches. When I got the frame mounts from the boneyard, the guy said that all engine pieces are the same for all amc v8, can I assume he is wrong? I know I have the correct frame mounts and motor mounts, it's got to be the engine brackets right. The engine pieces came with the motor out of a waggie. Anyone have the correct pieces?
Thanks again

'83 cj7
BDS 2-1/2 lift
solid rear axles
HEI, Weber (soon to be 360!!!)
ragtop

G
#2 ·
I've heard the waggie mounts will work but for about $26 you can get hte right part. The guy at the junkyard was wrong. You need motor mounts for a CJ with a 304. I got mine from Rosser, I think. I know I paid less than thirty bucks for the set shipped. There is a pretty big difference between the CJ mounts and the Waggie mounts. Good luck.

K-16

G
#3 ·
Thanks, I'll check them out. I called the local Jeep dealer, he said that they were a discontinued part. Anyway, thanks for the help. It's nice to have a place to get answers from, this board is great.

'83 cj7
BDS 2-1/2 lift
solid rear axles
HEI, Weber (soon to be 360!!!)
ragtop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.