CA people - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 09:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

CA people

I am moving to CA, Barstow area, this fall. I have a 01 tj and the only mod so far is a winch. I was wanting to wait till I got to CA before I did anything else so I could find out what people are needing to do out that way.

Waiting is very difficult, I don't think I can do it. Any suggestions on lifts and tires?

The vehicle will also be a daily driver.

2001 TJ Sport, warn winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 10:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: CA people

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] What you'll need is a nice tandem axle trailer with a Baltimore Aircoil cooling tower set up on.......it in polished stainless of course........that way you can use a water jacket heat exchanger for the Jeep Air Conditioning unit as you drive along towing the trailer. You'll need some pink triangle bumper stickers to show your support for the homos; and then a very large bank account so you can afford to renew the license each year on that TJ. A generator would come in handy for those long, rolling blackouts at home, and don't forget to take along a couple of credit cards; the homeless-by-choice people in San Francisco are set up to take cards now in lieu of cash. Property values in Barstow should still be in the LOWER stratosphere as compared to UPPER stratosphere in most other cities, but even so, go house hunting in the cold months of the year so that way it will be harder to faint. I think that just about covers it. Oh....about mods.....you see EVERYTHING here on the coast, from completely stock to hard core. Most never leave the pavement.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 01:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Why would you ever want to move to BARSTOW?? I grew up in the area (Apple Valley). I hope you are in the Army and getting transfered to Ft. Irwin. At least then you'd have an excuse. Actually, it's not too bad there. LOT'S of places for good ol' rednecks (like me) to amuse themselves, i.e lot's of wheelin, campin, shootin, etc. Johnson Valley is about 90 minute's (ish) from barstow, but there's tons of desert that's closer, you just need to look around. Glamis is only a couple of hours away if you're into sand (and if they decide to restrain their liberal urges to close it completely). There's a couple of good clubs that can show you around, too. good luck!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 03:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love the Barstow area. Definitely a GI town!

As a daily driver, you'll be wanting to keep it some-what sane. You'll be in the desert. All you need is good tires (31x10.50s work nicely), a good suspension to handle that winch, and an anchor to hook that winch up to when you get stuck in a wash-out. I carry a 40-pound Danforth on my rack when I head that way.

Hewgag

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 07:50 PM
Addict

You'll have the Hammers in your back yard.

CJ-8, 4.0, NP435, D44 x D60, ARB's, 4w Disc, 2"YJ springs, SOA, 1" Body lift, 38.5" TSL SX

CJ-6, Cherokee
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 03:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hammers?

2001 TJ Sport, warn winch
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

johnson valley off road area.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

"Jack" and "Sledge." Not a good place for a daily driver!

Hewgag

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode