Lowering My Jeep. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Lowering My Jeep.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] anyone know of a kit to lower my Jeep 4 or 5 inches so I can stick some american racing mirage wheels on there with some dunlop tires??? I also need to find out how to swap in the 2.5L in place of my brand new 258. It just has too much power for me, and I like the sound of the 2.5L.
thanks for all your help guys.

P.S. Im trying to compete with the Liberty.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-ben....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:11 AM
Old Hand

Re: Lowering My Jeep.

Ben,

I can only concluded one of three things:

1) You're stoned
2) You have way too much time on your hands lately
3) You're having withdrawls from your Jeep

-raymo
Scrambler
258 4.0 Head/MPI,NV4500,D300,4.10's,HS9500
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

4 to 5 inches? Is that all? When I lowered my YJ, I dropped it a FULL 6 inches. And as for that SOA I've been talking about doing, it was just a cover up. But I am still plannin on sticking those D44s underneath. They'll take the abuse of the speed bumbs and pot-holes a LOT better! As for swapping the 2.5L in place of the 258, why?? Do what I did and find a recked Honda Civic SI and take it's VTEC powerplant and drop it in your YJ. Also consider taking your transfercase out and your front axle. The only reason I've kept mine in is because of those damn gravel roads. Good luck and I'm sure Jeep is heading this way too

"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s Soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 08:01 AM

And don't forget this mod for BIG horsepower!

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html

'79 CJ-7
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 09:20 AM

I saw a bunch of jeeps with little tires on them last weekend. They were on stock jeep rims but the tires were car size Blizzaks, those things looked Stupid! But they were also kickin butt. This was at the ice races, and these guys were racing in the specialty tire class. First they raced bare rubber class, then went over to their spot on the lake where they had floorjacks and impact guns. Fire up the York and on go the Blizzaks. I competed, and sorry to say 33" mud tires are not good ice shoes.

Max

82 CJ, some stuff stock, some stuff not
Have you hugged your Jeep today?
http://members.fortunecity.com/patrol14/index.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 09:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
I get it!

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 09:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

fill up the tub of your jeep with concrete, make sure to leave room for yourself to drive. This will lower your jeep and the extra weight should make the added power of the 4.0 less apparent.

2001 TJ Sport, warn winch
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don’t joke about this… I saw a guy who actually did this last month to his YJ and the scene almost brought tears into my eyes [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].. Every time I remember how ridicules the YJ looked I wish I stopped the guy and bitch slapped him [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img].

A.B.

If you didn't get stuck, you didn't wheel hard enough...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 04:24 PM
Veteran

You can get one of those big tailpipe cover end thinggys too - that'd be phat!!! Also, and find out how to spell Jeep in Chineese & have that made into a full length windshield decal to put on your jeep. & get some of those purple neon lights that shine underneath the jeep. KUUL DUDE.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, I'll tell you how to do this but you've got to promise to install one of those chain link steering wheels, and take out the back seat for a kick a$$ set of speakers.

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode