Anyone got Those rear corner guards?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 08:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone got Those rear corner guards??

I'm thinking about buying those rear corner guards for my 91 YJ for some added protection. Anybody got any comments on these, I'm not sure what companies make them, I;ve heard Off your rocker, Steelhorse, CARR, Kentrol maybe more. Whats the best, How do they install. Any good or bad experiences with them let me know. What do these usually cost? any info would be appreciated.

91 YJ Islander
http://www.geocities.com/tbaker2000_ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 08:54 PM

Re: Anyone got Those rear corner guards??

Warrior makes some nice 1/8" steel corners with the cut outs for about $100. They are ngood quality. I used a set of them to use a pattern to build my own 3/16" steel corners with recessed lights.

Jeff
89 YJ
"Its Do or Dont Do, There is no Try"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 11:28 PM

I have off your rocker corners. Very strong, easy install but kind of pricey. It would take quite a wallop to put a dent in one. I recently flushmounted my taillights and it was a pita cutting that 4 1/2 inch hole.

Max

82 CJ, some stuff stock, some stuff not
Have you hugged your Jeep today?
http://members.fortunecity.com/patrol14/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 12:03 PM

I just completed the install on the Warrior Products steel corners. Recessed the 4" round tail lights. Since WP does not do a corner for the CJ5 with any of the holes already cut, I had to use my jig saw on 'em. A slight pain but with a little patience it came out really sweet. I'll have to get some pics and pop 'em out for y'all to see. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

RocknCJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
If it breaks...
Don't fix it !

Build it Beefy 'R [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 12:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just some advice, stay as far away as possible from anything made by potmetal
pony, aka Steelhorse. Thier products SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Off Your Rockers are great. I had a set custom made for Hewgag: no extra cost for cutting round tail light and side marker holes. I had to supply the hole dimensions and positions. I used tin snips to cut the sheet metal, as it is hidden anyway. They cast me around $130 delivered.

Hewgag

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone have the ones from CARR, at www.carr.com I can get a decent price on those but don't know if there as good as warrior or similiar. The off your rocker ones seem too pricey.

91 YJ Islander
http://www.geocities.com/tbaker2000_ca
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I do believe that some are aluminum and some are steel. You might ask Hewgag which ones he got.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 03:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got a pair on my '88. They OK, but I'm not too impressed. The fit was satisfactory, but not close to perfect. Some of the holes were slightly off. I suppose if you have to cut yourself, you have no one else to blame.

I bought mine to cover up some fender damage that was there when I bought it.

I think mine was Warrior and they're definitely aluminum. Its holding up well, but Warrior was real skimpy on the pop rivits. I had to go out and buy more. Paid just under $100 if I recall.

Sam88Jeep

'88 YJ, 4.2L, 32/36 Weber, Jacobs Ign.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 05:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Off Your Rockers are steel--I think 3/16" for smooth, and slightly thicker for diamond plate. OYR does not make aluminum anything. These are high-quality, and come with stainless steel hardware. They can be painted to your specs for slightly more, and the standard finish is black or silver powder coat. Corners for CJs are slightly less. Visit http://www.offyourrockerpanels.com.

Hewgag

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode