Sweet Valentines Gift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sweet Valentines Gift

So I come home from work last night and find a brand new Hi-Lift 48" all cast jack, cover, bumper mounting hardware and lock. This is like the coolest Valentines gift from the wife ever..... I know you guys can appreciate this!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tommy B. in AZ -
More Guts than Brains.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] WHASSSUP!?!?!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Sweet Valentines Gift

Must be nice. All i got was so damn choclate that i will never eat. Even got b!tched at for just giving her a card.

80 cj7, 304, auto, 33" tsl swampers, 4" softride superlift, warn bellvue winch, custom front winch bumper
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:57 AM

You are one lucky guy!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

On the other hand, so am I!
I bought that old red Flattie yesterday and declaired "Happy Valentines Day!" when I told my wife about it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 10:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Er...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]...Jim.......r'lationships aren't; BY ANY MEANS; automatic. You got to be thinkin' EVERY MINUTE how you can make your chick THINK that she is being thought about every minute. It doesn't matter what reality is....it's HER reality that matters. You got some 'homework' to do here, boah. Homework that will pay GUARANTEED dividends, as evidenced by the hi-lift jack in the original post. There's nothing as nice as a chick who thinks she is loved[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]; there's nothing worse than a chick who thinks she isn't[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img].

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 10:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Well lets update this already. She just called me from work and wished me a happy birthday. Which i forgot about!!! Dont ask!!! She also said to open my gift like right now. Well she got me the cab cover for the cj so i can stop b!itching about having a wet ass in the mornings durning the summer. So i guess i did ok then. By the way she Knows she is loved and cared for or she would have been gone when i bought the jeep and dump 2 grand into it the second day. She also loves the cj but will not drive it. I tried like hell to get her too but she wont. She needs a new car and i want to get her one of those new liberty's but she wants a honda or nissan. Plus she even told me to go ahead and get a cage built so i dont get hurt. The safty thing: thanks for whoever said that.

80 cj7, 304, auto, 33" tsl swampers, 4" softride superlift, warn bellvue winch, custom front winch bumper
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 10:40 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now THAT's BETTER! Whatever you do, you want to find things that your chick is good at or APPEARS to be good at and be frequently commenting on it. Example: "You have such GOOD ideas!" I don't care how much of a power chick she is.........if she buys and sells companies every day.....just about everyone likes to hear about their "great strengths".......and hear often. I have a tough time getting Jeepchick to "switch horses"......that is she doesn't like to drive different vehicles......so what I do is take it from a safety aspect and say: "Well, what if some thing should happen and we are out in the boonies......" By saying that I can get her to occasionally drive our FS GM 3/4T 4X4 sm465/NP205.....not cheerfully, but at least willingly. She doesn't know this yet but she is going to be driving a 1949 hand-clutch John Deere tractor in a couple of years. Heh heh.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] REMEMBER......when it comes to gifts, chicks get just as big a charge out of seeing you GET their gift as they do getting one from you! Don't forget to rave about the cover....often.....and say what a great idea it was.....often.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 10:54 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The funny thing is she will drive my ranger at any moment. I wanted her to learn to drive the jeep only because in the summer we drive the heck out of it. Just in case something ever happened (drank to much) she could drive it home. I will thank her ever morning that the cover keeps my a$$ from getting wet. I hate going to work with a wet a$$. But love it wheeling.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 11:14 AM

Once again, Dave gives sage advice.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Ya gotta shower the gals with lots of presents, sweetness and loving words ... they thrive on it ...

And, I don't want anyone to think buying myself that old red 'Valentine' flattie paints me as a bad husband.
My sweetie of 25 years (end of this month) is NOT neglected ....
While at the Tucson Gem show last week, I bought her a strand of large coral beads and a three strands of cut sapphires. Plus, the 'Flowers of the Month' package arrived just in the nick of time!!! A double bonus since she remarked on how the stores jacked up the flower prices the week before ...
And she gave me the nicest card, telling how much she loves me, that I could ever want ...
I'm a lucky guy![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 11:25 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Gotta agree, every day is Valentine's day for my wife. Even she said it when asked what she received. "Received?", she says, "I have everything I could want every day, every day is Valentine's day". I swear she said this, made me kinda proud. Now I just gotta live up to it.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 12:09 PM
Can't Get Enough

I set my wife up for Velentines Day. I travel alot, so I told her I was going to be out of town on business, then I sent her flowers on Tuesday just to throw her off a little more. Then I took off early yesterday, picked her up some more flowers (along with a bouquest for my 9 year old daughter), a Teddy Bear, and an antique frame with a foofoo girly poem in it. Then I picked up some steaks, dessert, etc. some corny dogs and mac & cheese for the daughter and went home to cook dinner and surprise them. Worked well and all were happy.

Her gift to me were some of my favorite cigars (my other expensive hobby other than Jeeps) and a small travel humidor so I can take my cigars with me when I go out of town. I have a great wife and its worth the effort to go all out sometimes.

82 Scrambler, 360, T5, D300, 4" lift, AMC20 (rear disc brakes) and Dana30 with 3:73's and lockers.
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode