Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Bestop seats are coming out! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/57211-bestop-seats-coming-out.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 02-14-2001 01:47 PM

Bestop seats are coming out!

I couldn't take it anymore!
I ripped out my Bestop seats in favor of a pair of high back seats from an 80's dodge celebrity.

I could no longer tolerate the way the Bestop seats felt or the way my head hit the cage every time I hit a bump. The Bestop seats were too rigid, the padding was too thick, and the rear of the seats didn't conform to my fender well (CJ5) and the cover for the seat bottoms kept coming loose.
P.I.T.A.!

Before anyone says it, yes they had the right part numbers for jeep.

4wd Hardware told me, after I bought the seats, that the Bestop and Steelhorse seats don't fit CJ5's very well.

I tried to live with it but I just couldn't take it any more!
Bestop seats SUCK!
Have a great day!
Vent, Vent!
Mizu

**DONOTDELETE** 02-14-2001 02:08 PM

Re: Bestop seats are coming out!

Okay, why don't you tell us how you really feel. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gary

TOM85CJ7 02-14-2001 02:11 PM

What color are they? Which model?(sport)

How much do you want for them?

Later,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm

**DONOTDELETE** 02-14-2001 02:45 PM

Sorry for the rant, I guess I just couldn't accept defeat.

I have been living with these uncomfortable seats for a couple of years now and kept hoping that someday they would magically become comfortable and I would be completely satisfied.

They are tan factory style replacement high back buckets. They are part#450 in the 4Wheeldrive Hardware catalogue except they don't recline.
Mizu

lugnut 02-14-2001 03:02 PM

Are those the new style they just came out with? Thats what I run in mine and I really like them.

Lugnut 77 cj5

**DONOTDELETE** 02-14-2001 03:27 PM

You sure their Bestop seats? Part #450 is for the Steel Horse seats. I've never heard anyone thats been pleased with anything made by them.

Greg J.

**DONOTDELETE** 02-14-2001 06:48 PM

I am confused because I have fairly new Steel Horse Superseats and they are awesome. Better seats then most luxury cars and are made for the Jeep. I have them in my CJ5. I have said before probaly best mod made to my Jeep so far.
Rich

76 CJ5 304 "its a JEEP thing, I hope you understand"

**DONOTDELETE** 02-14-2001 08:20 PM

Oops, I skimmed the catalogue and mistook the Steel horse seats for Bestop seats. They look exactly like my Bestop Standard replacement high back seats. My seats were not top of the line Bestop seats. In fact they were the cheapest high back Bestop made at that time.

They are Bestop seats and less than 2 years old. I just got the new 4Wheel Drive Hardware catalogue and it looks like they donít make these seats anymore...figures!

They make you sit up to high, they are too rigid, and the rear of the seat hits the fender well, which makes it so the seat wonít slide back as far as it should.

I hope they have remedied the seats that they are selling now. If not, make sure you ask how the fit CJ5ís before you buy.

PS: They Dodge Celbrity seats are very comfortable and my head does't bean the spreaders on every imperfection in the road!
Mizu