Selling my YJ for a KJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Selling my YJ for a KJ

Yeah, I thought that would get your attention.. but seriously has anyone even considered that this KJ could(will) be a fatal mistake in the legendary Jeep name. So much for Jeep tradition. Whats with the IFS??? thats not cool. But hey, I was opposed to the Coil Suspension on the TJ when they first came out, and that proved its worth. What if this KJ is a good step for Jeep? Is that possible?? What if the KJ ends up being more proven than the TJ is right now? LOL. why do I think that won't happen.
Anyway, has anyone seen the concept willy's?? How gay is that? I read some comment from some sick bastard at the Jeep corp. and they said "They wanted to capture the look of the old Willy's". Yeah..... Sure....

Anyway, Tell me what you guys' thoughts are on the KJ, is it ORW?? (Off-Road Worthy, not Off-Road Warehouse).
-Ben

BTW, I am NOT selling my YJ for a KJ. That was just a prank. sorry...

-ben....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Re: Selling my YJ for a KJ

OK, Ok, I admit, it was a cruel joke....

-ben....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

c'mon, honestly??/ no one has an opinion for the new Jeep Liberty???

-ben....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 05:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm having mixed feelings on the new Jeep myself. I kinda like the looks, but still not sure of the IFS or the V6 I remember the last V6 Jeep used, 2.8 turd. I wish they would have stuck with the 4.0. I think I'll hold judgement till I sit in one and take it for a ride

I think I'll keep my YJ, maybe one of these for the little lady though

'89 Wrangler 258, 5 speed, bone stock drivetrain.
Future plans, AMC 360, 727tf, D44 front AMC 20 rear
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 06:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That V6 should be a pretty good engine. It is based on the 4.7L V8 that Jeep(GC) and Dodge(Durango & Dakota) currently use, and it has been a good engine so far(haven't heard anyone screaming about how they suck and wish for the good ole days of the 318). But it still hasn't been around long enough for long term tests. Possibly the best thing about switching from the current I6 to the new generation V6 is the swapability. Since they are based off the V8 platform, they should share the same bellhousing bolt pattern(they will be debuting in the TJ soon as well). This means a return to the bolt in engine upgrade(at least as far as that will go today, you will still have to mess with computer stuff), no more need for a chevy 350, ford 302, etc. swap. Just like the good ole days for CJ's(AMC V8's going in place of the 258).

That 2.8 was a chevy engine, so can't blame the design on Jeep. But you can blame them for using it, b/c it sucked big time.

As far as the IFS is concerned, we'll see. I don't know.

I too have currently been praising the KJ in front of my girl. She likes those nice riding vehicles(therefore she hates my Jeep, but loves it when it comes beach time, or mountains). I wouldn't trade my YJ for one, but any Jeep is better than a car(she keeps looking at a Nissan Maxima[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]).

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 08:00 PM
MNT
Addict

All I can say is "WHY?"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] MNT [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 08:05 PM
MNT
Addict

I just got my new issue of 4wdsu and it has a short write up on a new engine that GM is coming out with. Inline 6 with 270 HP and 275 lb-ft of torque. Sounded pretty good for 6. There's room for that in my jeep

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] MNT [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 08:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I sat there for a split second trying to think of what a KJ is and why'd you'd trade your Jeep for it. Then I realized it was the Liberty and I was getting a little sick to my stomach. I personally don't like the whole package. I don't like the looks of it(RAV4), I don't like the IFS, and I don't like the selection of the V6. Couldn't they just re-design the good 'ole I6? I mean, that in it's self says "JEEP" all over it. Am I wrong? I'm getting nervous about how they're going to redo the TJ. I mean, it's just about perfect in my book. Good looks, nice ride, AWESOME 4x4 performance. What can they do to it? I also think Jeep should of persued the Dakar. That was a nice design. But once again, it's not really anything new as far a design goes. O well. As you can all see Jeep and DM are heading down hill(if you've been watching or reading the news lately.) I wish them luck and let's pray for the next Wrangler or whatever they call it Hehehe...

"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s Soon
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 10:44 PM
I Do This For The Glory

If people will buy a RAV4, they'll buy it, and it'll sell well. I don't like it, IFS and Unibody have no business being together, on anything. I also don't like the looks, too "cliche" and trendy.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes I do have an oppinion and that is when Chrysler took over Jeep I felt that it was only a temporary repreval because Chrysler would completely mess the Jeep up in time which they are now in the process of doing.What I would really like to se have happened would have been for Jeep to have been bought by the employees like Harley davidson was so that it could have contiued and improved along the same lines as it was going rather than slowly headed for it's demise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode