Sierra Club's Hypocrisy is killing me - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Sierra Club\'s Hypocrisy is killing me

I was just reading some info published by the Sierra Club....

Where do these people live? Do they live in tents? If not, the land that was developed for their residence surely had an impact on the environment.

What about the roads they drive on to go to the movies. Surely that form of entertainment had an effect on the environment.

It's OK for them to impact the environment to the level they are comfortable with, but they want to impose their definition on us. It's ok for them hike on trails (that has a measurable impact, but it is less than a dirt bike). Who are these people?

They even had a section about 'having some fun' submitting 40 or so letters to the gov't agency over an area where there was a conflict of use (where someone was doing something they weren't).

I feel like joining their local chapter to see if I can't talk some sense into some of these idiots. Hey, if their tires end up being slit, It will help their cause by not polluting the air, or using roads, or having to go to a developed residential area (I'm not serious, but this kind of thing bugs me beyond belief).

They are afraid to live. They are the people who don't want anyone else to have an interest in something that uplifts them or that they enjoy. They will spend their whole life unhappy because there are others impacting their precious environment. Well, they should be unhappy because they are in desperate position.

Sometimes kids do stuff like that. They are so worried about what a sibling is/isn't allowed to do that they can ruin a great evening for themselves. That's just it, these so-called environmentalists are pretty immature in their approach to 'solving the problem'.

CJeepcreeper.....what's the most effective thing an individual can do to help?

-raymo
Scrambler
258 4.0 Head/MPI,NV4500,D300,4.10's,HS9500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

Re: Sierra Club\'s Hypocrisy is killing me

Simple answer is join any club that opposes them, NRA (NFA in Canada), local gun club/range, a 4 x4 club, snowmobile club, etc. Join even if you don't partake of that particular hobby. Numbers count. The reasons for joining anything you can take the time for are the same as below for joinung ALL the political parties around. De-propagandize whenever possible. Won't make you popular and everybody will eventually back away when they see you coming at parties :-). Join ALL the political parties. Even any that you detest. You can maybe influence their stands a little and their candidates. If you convince even one person to bail or lean in your direction, its a start. Also you will be one of the thousand (or hundred in some cases) that pick the people and policies that the other millions of yucks get to chose from. Far more productive and far better odds of accomplishing something.

"Being responsible I will direct, and I will be responsible for nothing that I do not direct."
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:21 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] We are already seeing a HUGE sea change with regards to enviro-whackoness. The Sierra Klub is going to have a very tough time getting any traction on issues when the lights are out from lack of electricity. No matter how you slice it, we are at least THREE powerplants short of having enough power to go around for air conditioning this coming summer here in the coastal utopia of California. There is NO WAY that we will not have incessant blackouts, and that will bring the public ire to the doorstep of the Sierra Klub, and their obstructionist cronies in the California legislature. Grey (Gay) Davis the governor has appealed to Bush's people to short-circuit enviro considerations to get more plants built, and when the enviros screamed bloody murder he tried to say that he didn't do it. The Bush guys then proceeded to hang Davis' homo-loving, greenie-kissing, liberal-courting a$$ out to dry. I LOVE IT! Just wait a few months, and the Sierra Klub will be on the run.....maybe permanently. They are starting a series on local TVC this week and it is about BLAME for the power mess. There is no way the CA democraps and their pet greenies will escape being blamed. This is the break we have needed for a very long time.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don’t think those types of people will ever be on the run. Look at the Clinton’s. They never ran, they just lied about everything. Every year there would be a new scandal and every year they would le about it. Thank god Monica saved the dress and had proof of what she was saying, you heard Hillary lie and say it was all “a right wing conspiracy”. Well, for standing up in front of the public and lying we (the morons of my state) rewarded her. I think the greenies are the same breed. They will never take responsibility for their actions. “I can’t be responsible for voting for the wrong person, the punch card must have been confusing. I want a revote.” Same views for the greenies. Four wheelers can be the environments best friend. I know four wheel clubs that go and clean the trails after their group uses them. Instead of the Clinton’s closing all this land to use they should figure out a way we can use it and preserve.
The Sierra “Klub” (Dave you’re the coolest) will never have any problems because the masses are stupid and take any crap they are feed. I know this, Hillary is my senator. When the greenies get pinned on one issue they will change the focus to something else and never admit they were wrong.

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Basically the previous couple posts say what we've been preaching, join everything that has a philosophy contrary to the SC, TWS, TNC, et al. A couple organizations other than specific 4by or dirt bike clubs are The Blue Ribbon Coalition and Utah Shared Access Alliance (USA-ALL). But, what we first have to do is something Norm Lenhart and I have been virtually screaming for a long time now, we have to do this together and get organized. We can't all have our own little agendas, the GAGs are VERY organized and we have to be too. A good example of our side with different points of view and agendas is what is going on right now with the CDCA lawsuit, several of the intervenors are not talking the same language. JOIN, GET VERY VOCAL, ATTEND EVERYTHING YOU CAN. USFS and BLM meetings are especially fun, you will usually be outnumbered by the GAGS, but they are so stupid it becomes kinda fun. You will find a vast number of the members of those GAG outifts are VERY UNKNOWLEDGEABLE about the causes they think they are in favor of, they are mostly too stupid or ignorant to think for themselves and just spout the rhetoric prepared for them by the few leaders of their organizations that really have any brains...albeit misguided.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Vice-Pres. Rock Garden 4 Wheelers, Farmington, NM
http://rockgarden.rockcrawler.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 10:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] All you need to do is look at the county-by-county electoral map and you can see where envirowhackoism gets it's traction. Yep....the cities. The same cities that want an end to the electoral college, and the same cities which elect people like the Scumbitch to Congress. The two greenie-loving, homo-kissing liberal Senators from CA are taking it in the a$$ right now because they are Persona Non Grata at the Bush White House, and their state is going dark. NOTHING is permanent, and this enviro movement has peaked in my opinion. I watched a political show recently where person after person got up and presented cases where they are suing to reverse the Scumbag's executive decisions; not ONLY on the enviro-whackoness crap, but overseas treaties and a host of other issues as well. Bush is going to erase that Scumbag from the history books; except for the Monica Affair of course. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 11:18 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Wow CJDave, do you use a thesaurus for all those descripive/colorful words? I may disagree with many points, but I do agree that the enviromentalists need to be seriously checked. I've been nagged by a question for a while now. Do Airplanes have to be checked for emissions? I know that they produce thrust measured in the tens of thousands of pounds, and that gas is being dumped straight into the atmosphere, but I never hear the envios talk about them. I personally love the outdoors and do everything I can top preserve it. What gets me is the idea of restricted access. That does nothing but raise the parks to the level of only the elite may attend.

CJDave, I agree that the envios are a few bolts short, but I just get worn out by your colorful posts...more content maybe?

Actually...don't mind me, my wife made me get up on my day off (first one in over a month) to take her to class...instant grouch

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 12:55 PM

I was listening to a David Horiwich (sp?) talk show Sunday coming thru NM. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I never knew that the Ca power problem was OUR FAULT!!
According to him, our selfish selfserving need to own and drive gas hog SUV's was the reason for the oil prices, Ca power problem, pollution, water shortage and probably the measles and AIDS too. And to think, I always thought it was because of population expansion without proper enviromental planning, ie; no added power production. Guess I'd better go trade my jeeps in on an econo-box!!

Keith

C-Ya.....................kh
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 01:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Er....who? Me? Heh heh heh.....nothing is TOO descriptive when describing a liberal, no matter which liberal agenda they concentrate on. YES....aircraft do puke thousands of tons of soot into the air. Luckily, the soot is fairly heavy and it falls out fast. The Lying Scumbag Algore was chided for taking his jet across country to attend a rally and then back across country to have breakfast with some groupies, all the while preaching global warming and locking up the environment. We have a real opportunity here with Bush in the White House and the energy crunch dimming the lights, so the more times we refer to the envirowhackos as the culprits the more chance we have to get the blame to stick to them. After all, Hitler proved that if you say something over and over, it becomes a truth. Come to think of it.....that's a democrap technique as well.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

CJDave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode