Scout D44 Brake drum - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scout D44 Brake drum

The scout 44s I got are minus a brake drum apparently. Are these gonna be easy to find? How much? Is there another easier to find drum that'll work? Thanks for any and all help.

K-16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Scout D44 Brake drum

Hey-All you got to do is measure the across-diameter of the other drum and the width of the brake shoe area. That will tell the part store guys what size you need, if they get fumbled up on the year/make/brake size. And just call up the local parts store. Good luck.(OIIIIO)

MARK (OIIIIO) LANGMOTORSPORTS
1977/CJ7/GLASSTUB/460CIFORD/C6AUTO/4"LIFT/33'S
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 08:47 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I don't think they're hard to find, but then I have some spares. You might consider picking up a spare D44 to have for the axle shafts as well.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 09:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

keep in mind.. the center hole size in the drums.. and get the measurements from above.. then go to the parts store.. look for some ford/dodge rear d44's.. or even the ole jeep ones.. scout parts are pretty expensive.. but most are interchangeable.. you just have to dig.. i know all the front brake parts.. i havent dealt much with a rear d44.. since i know the amc 20 is far better.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]...
but go that route.. you need the diameter.. think 11".. and then you need to know the shoe surface.. probably somewhere around 2".. and then the center hole.. what goes around the piece on the end of the shaft.. somewhere's around 2-3"... then go to any local parts joint.. i head to napa.. they usually are more friendly in my town.. but costly.. so i get the numbers from them.. then head to advanced to buy.. i know.. i suck.. oh well.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 10:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just because it has the right diameter, width, bolt circle, and center hole, dosen't mean it will be right. You also better check the depth of the drum mounting surface. I doubt that there are any other drums that would fit right other then Scout drums. Come on guys, these are your brakes. IMHO, you would have to be nuts to start mixing and matching parts, with something that can take your life, or even worse the life of an innocent bystander.

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.
Ray

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode