Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Got some stainless pipe, what to do with? (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/56812-got-some-stainless-pipe-what-do.html)

JEEPN 02-12-2001 12:09 AM

Got some stainless pipe, what to do with?

So I scored some FREE stainless pipe, 1.5" dia Sch 40 (0.145"), 316 stainless, and some 1" sch 40 (0.133") as well, about 25' of the 1.5" and 20' of the 1". I also have some 2" Sch 80 (very thick), about 20' as well. So what should I do with it? I have no roll cage in the Scrambler, nor a brush guard. Any ideas? I have a 220V Millermatic 185, which will weld stainless, I've done it before and have a small spool of stainless wire. It's all straight, no bends.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!

v8jeep 02-12-2001 08:19 AM

Re: Got some stainless pipe, what to do with?

Go for the roll cage, just save enough to make one for my YJ too!
big ed

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Big Ed
<font color=red>'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,35's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c</font color=red>

jeepnmatt 02-12-2001 08:26 AM

stainless is very hard to bend! but, you can buy weld-in elbows, i would try and find some "long-radius" ones, they'll probably look better. go for the cage! matt

cj7jeep 02-12-2001 04:54 PM

It would make some cool bumpers and nerf bars. Would not have to worry about bends, could always cut and weld it at angles if you wanted and would not have to worry too much about strength (like in a roll cage). Post some pics when you get it worked out.

scram 02-12-2001 07:18 PM

i know what u can do with that pipe JEEPN!!! :>) I believe i owed you that one my good buddy !!! I know you well and am sure you will come up with something great!!
SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so play hard!!!!!

JEEPN 02-12-2001 08:26 PM

NO, I'm not making you a roll cage for the new XJ, sorry.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!