TR Upgrade - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TR Upgrade

I did it! I just finished installing the upgrade. It went pretty well all in all. I am still working out little details, such as, where to mount the new coil.... I currently have it mounted on my Fender Well Passenger side. It is affixed there temporarily. I have to get some parts, but thought I would check with anyone and see if I could do better then the fender well. I also installed Bilstien Shocks all the way around and replaced the steering stabilizer with a Rancho RS5000. I am not sure, but I think the stabilizer I replaced was the factory one. I have read so much good info on this site, it's just amazing. I plan to replace all my bushings here in the near future also. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it go easier and any other thoughts on the subject? Talk to you all later.

CaliCJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 11:29 PM

Re: TR Upgrade

what does TR stand for...

-ben....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TR stands for the famous and recently re-surfaced TEAM RUSH if my research is correct
i also need some help finding the whole article on the TR upgrade. i know its here in several places the only info i found today was for the v8. i need the 258 info. sure would appreciate the help
thanx

83 CJ-7 TF-999, Original stock EVERYTHING when purchased. Now added leafs, shackles and shocks with new 33's. Still waiting for paint!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.users.qwest.net/~ascanlon/
http://www.geocities.com/jeepboyjus

two websites that will give you a run down on how to do the upgrade

Justin
www.geocities.com/jeepboyjus
'83 CJ-7, 258, TR ignition, headers, T5/D300, 3" suspension, 1" body, Moser 1 pce axles, Model 20, 3.54:1
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 10:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

when I did the TR upgrade I mounted the new coil in the old coils location using a piece of angle iron as a bracket. Only took about ten minutes to make the bracket, hardest part was getting the holes in the bracket to line up with the holes in the side of the engine block.

Ed
89 YJ 4.2 auto

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 11:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I went to the local Home Depot and bought a bracket in the shape of a U with tabs on both ends flaring out. I then mounted the coil inside of the U bracket and mounted the bracket on the inside of my fender wall next to my solonoid. It all worked out rather nicely. I was thinking about putting the bracket in the original spot from where the original coil was removed, but it looks better where I have it. I hope I don't get any problems by putting it there. What do you think?

CaliCJ7
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 11:39 PM

I mounted my coil to thr fender also, I found a bracket off a 89 Ford F150 300 I6,it bolted to the motor. I heated it and put a samll bend in the lower part of the bracket to match the fender, painted it black and bolted it on, look great,like OEM.

My Jeep is a work in progress, Happy Trails
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 12:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here's the best TR upgrade site on the web!
TR Upgrade
Mizu

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode