TF-904/TF-727 swap.Advice needed? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TF-904/TF-727 swap.Advice needed?

I have a couple of questions i am hopeing to get awnsered. First is the 727 longer of shorter than a 904 if so how much? Next...what year trans should i go with i have 3 choices one is a 88 out of a grand cherokee the fellow wants 300 for this one . The other 2 are a 89 and a 88 from a local yard they want 285 for these. If i buy from the yard they have a 30 day warranty on them, i think this would be better? Does the difference in years matter? It is going behind a 304 with a dana 300 TC. When i buy one i am going to have the B+M stage 2 kit put in them by a local shop who i will also have go through the trans. to check it out. I will be running 35s I hope these years of trans. will work with my set up if not please advise. Thanks!!!!!

84CJ7/304/AUTO.904/DANA300/35'S ALLWAYS TIME TO PLAY!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 07:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TF-904/TF-727 swap.Advice needed?

the lenght of the 904 and 727 should be the same 16". as for the year, I wouldn't pick by year, I would check the milage of the three and also look at the fluid, see if it is nice and pink and also check the smell for anything burnt.
Once you get if changed, go with a good quality synthetic AFT such as amsoil, it will add years to your investment

Good luck

'89 Wrangler 258, 5 speed, bone stock drivetrain.
Future plans, AMC 360, 727tf, D44 front AMC 20 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode