I GOT REARENDED! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 06:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I GOT REARENDED!

HEYI just got everything completed,except for the dana 60 front and dana 70 rear. The glass tub didnt even get touched!! Buy those 4Wheel Hardware Full Double Tube Bumpers! There 1/4" steel and i didnt even get a dimple in them from a 40 mph Pontiac Sunfire...It bent my frame in two places and cracked every rear crossmember!!! When i slammed into the car in front of me i took out the whole back half of a 1998 Dodge Intrepid(tailights, bumper and trunk lid)!...'sigh'... now paper work-paper work-LAWYER-HIS INSURANCE COMPANY and NEW axles...'sigh'...now weeks of no wheelin' : (....sorry just had to vent...'sob-sob'...

MARK (OIIIIO) LANGMOTORSPORTS
1977/CJ7/GLASSTUB/460CIFORD/C6AUTO/4"LIFT/33'S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 07:46 PM

Re: I GOT REARENDED!

Hope you were OK. Nobody likes when stuff like this happens. Look on the bright side..............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fix the jeep. Sounds like it didn't hurt it too bad, so I'm guessing you are gonna have plenty left for upgrades.

Lead , follow , or WINCH ME OUT!!!!
http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 08:41 PM
Way Outta Control

WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matikins Frame, Tomkin Coil over......Hit me! Hit ME...HIT ME!

Safe Jeepin'

LEVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 08:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i still have nightmares about the time i hammered a sniper that was parked in the road on a blind corner.my 6"x4" 5/8 thick angle iron front bumper hammered his left rear 38" bogger....he apologized a bunch and we went wheeling together that day... still gives me the willies when i think of that though...

~~Elusive~~
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]safaried..1 ton drivetrain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj,lift..etc
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 11:02 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

What happens if they total your Jeep? Does that mean that you can't register it and it will be a trailer queen?

Just asking
Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 01:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

PHEEEWW- They DIDNT total it! He(the insurance appraisor) saw how much work and new parts were in it and reciepts and he gave me $1200 bucks to get a frame! WHOA! thinking 'bout getting a used Arizona or Cali no rust frame but how can I trust them...'sigh'...why cant I find MATKINS on the internet?! help!

MARK (OIIIIO) LANGMOTORSPORTS
1977/CJ7/GLASSTUB/460CIFORD/C6AUTO/4"LIFT/33'S
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 01:23 PM

Matkins address is www.matkinsextreme.com. I have one of there level one frames, they say everything will bolt up but Ihad to move my gas tank about 3 1/2 in., the motor mount holes were off about a half in. It's going to take some fabing to get my rear runck bumper to fit. Quite a few minor things that really slowed the process down, what do tou expect when your doing a complete rebuild.? I hope I just got a fluke frame because they said they haven't had these problems before(or maby nobody else called them on it).

78 cj7 304 t18 locked 30 open 20 4" skyjacker 33" tsl 4wdhdwr glass body matkins frame almost done
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 03:12 PM

I would not even bother with a used frame ....my $.02 ...As I explained in my post a while ago I just discovered my skidplate is cracking and my frame has more cracks forming than the Mona Lisa.
Those new frames look like they would hold up alot better ,bent tubing as opposed to that welded crap jeep used.that steel on the inside is thinner than the outside ....so basically you still have a C channel frame.
You should have got more $$$$ to cover the cost of swapping everything or cried whiplash and motivated them so settle bigger.screw that book value crap.
Glad you weren't hurt though.

Ray
Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
why does everyone ask if I am gonna paint it ?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 02:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If your looking for frames check out 4WD hardware. They started carring AFW frames I think the website is http://www.montanajeepframes.com/ I like their spring hangers better and the work looks cleanerl. Although I've had no experiences with them. It's worth checking out.

78 CJ-7/401/TH400/Quadratrac/35" BFG AT'S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode