Off Roading Forums banner

Tuffy products..waterproof?

411 views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
Hi!! just a quick question! Has anyone used Tuffy procucts, and are they as good at protecting your valuables as they claim? also, are they waterproof? I am looking at buying their stereo console and speaker/storage boxes, and would like to know a little more about them before I take the plunge!! thanks, Ben.

86 CJ7 258, weber carb, rusty but trusty!!

G
#2 ·
I have the stereo console and I am satisfied with it. It takes some work on your part to completely seal it up. It'll keep the honest thieves out but if they want it bad enough its theirs. Anyone would make a lot of racket trying to get in to one that was locked. Don't know about the speaker boxes.

K-16

G
#3 ·
Tuffy makes good heavy duty solid consoles. They are neither waterproof nor dust proof. Well, they are water proof like an umbrella is water proof, I guess, but as far as water getting under the lid if squirted in that direction, yes, it will. Any holes in the sides to allow sound to come out would allow water to go in.

G
#5 ·
I have a Tuffy Stereo Console in my jeep.. I just used the supplied seal stuff and my cd player hasnt gotten wet yet.. It keeps the water out fairly well.. I never use a top since I dont own one...

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G
#6 ·
My 95 YJ had a Tuffy console and speaker boxes in it when I bought it used. All 3 had a lot of surface rust on them. I called Tuffy about matching the paint after I sanded/primed them, and they sent a spray can of paint for "only" $15 plus shipping. Form your our opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.