wrangler half doors fit cj? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 06:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wrangler half doors fit cj?

i was wondering if wrangler half doors will fit my cj7. or if they wont what do i have to do to make them fit. i have seen one on ebay that had wrangle half doors. it was a big yellow jeep any one see it.

80 cj7 304, WC t-5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 06:42 PM

Re: wrangler half doors fit cj?

If your '80 has a hollow sheet metal support panel right behind your door outline then all you have to do is get the post syle catch assemblies for a mid '90s Wrangler and bolt it on.

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 07:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

You are in the same boat as i am. Your strickers are way different then the yj's and the (I think) 82 and up CJ's. Unless your tub is newer. You should have brass plates on your door jam where factory hard doors close on. You could go cut the newer style strickers out of a newer cj and weld them in but you will loose the paint on the outside of the tub. I did see in leon rosser once that they sold something also but never really looked into it. Good luck

80 cj7, 304, auto, 33" tsl swampers, 4" softride superlift, warn bellvue winch, custom front winch bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep, it will work. I just finished putting them on my '81 CJ7 with a 'glass body. You do need to get the strikers since yours is an '80. I used the striker kit from Rosser, but after seeing it, I could have made it for alot cheaper. Just order the strikers from the dealer and make your own bracket to secure it. Drill a couple of holes to match the holes in the bracket and bolt it up.

As a matter of fact, I screwed up and drilled the holes wrong on my 'glass body (too far in and too low). Rather than drill more holes in the body and weakening that much more, I decided to make a new bracket which re-located the striker up and out a quarter inch. You do have to counter-sink the holes to make sure the bolt heads don't get in the way. Got a bit at Lowe's to counter-sink into metal - made by Vermont American. Overall, not a bad job.

Greg J.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode