Rear SOA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 04:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rear SOA

OK, after hearing horror stories about the rear Revolver shackels opening up. I have been considering my options in the rear. I could put those bomerang shakels that regularly come with the RE Extreme Kit, or I could do something different. I was thinking of leaving the front SUA and doing a SOA in the rear(kinda a hybrid thing). I am also planning to leave the Revolvers on the front springs in the front(non-reversed) position. They don't open up on down hills.

The front rides great(bumps are actually felt in the rear more), the steering would not have to be modified, it would be easier in the front to leave it SUA. The better flex in the rear(from SOA) and better ride would be nice. I am swaping axles shortly and this would be the perfect time to do the rear SOA.

Basicly, what I am asking is if some on will measure from the top of their axel housing directly up to the bottom of the frame(in the bend). I need the measurements from a SOA rig with stock springs and no shakle lift. This will be to make sure that the ride will be level. If there is a difference I could always do a SRS on the front(it provides some lift, to level it out).

Any comments are appreciated.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rear SOA

Come one, I know that someone has a SOA YJ w/ stock springs and no shakle lift. Don't make me have to start reading profiles.

Jason

<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.</font color=green>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 07:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

11-3/4" from bottom of frame at back edge of rubber bumper down to the top of the axle tube.

HTH

sln

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, this is looking more doable. Just measured and my rear is just shy of 12" from the same points. If I do the SRS on the front(1" of lift) and drop in the 360(weight). Then I would guess that the front will drop roughly level(my front is a small amount lower now(using RE 4.5" Extreme rear springs, more leafs than the front springs). Will probably use those JC Whitney HD 6 leaf military wrapped stock replacment YJ springs that someone mentioned for the rear SOA. Could always add a RE Extreme Add-A-Leaf in the front if need be.

By the way yall, MORE now has a extended front shock hoop for YJ's(3") and redisigned their rear extentions as well(2").

Does anyone know where to ger full length teflon pads or any type of pad?

Jason

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 09:13 PM

National Spring sells teflon pads

'Gator Chaser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode