No more jeeping, wife cut me off! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

No more jeeping, wife cut me off!

Yep, no more jeeping for me until the Scrambler is done. Clear and concise directive, no wheeling the TJ anymore. It might have something to do with the 3 dents I put in it yesterday, previously it was dent free after 4 years of wheeling, on some pretty hard trails. All 3 are in the front, must have hit some tree branches. There is one in the passenger's healight bucket, that broke the ring, dented the bucket, and dislodged the headlight assembly. The other 2 are in the front fenders, right on the front of each, hard dents to get out.

There are 4 good things that came out of it though.

1) I get to build the mother of all brush guards for it.
2) I have Carte Blanche on the Scrambler, "GET IT DONE" she says.
3) We get to pick up another vehicle, it'll probably be a little Zuki for her, but I get to build that too. It'll be ONLY for wheeling.
4) I never got stuck the whole day, there is only one other person that can say that, and he's locked at both ends.

Oh well, live and learn. The dents were bound to happen, but it's her pride anad joy, so she's a little disappointed. She was in the jeep ahead of me the whole time, and I don't know what I could have hit. We didn't notice them until we got out of the woods.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 11:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: No more jeeping, wife cut me off!

jeepn... same thing happened to me and my wife last time we took her tj out.. had a great day, both of us took turns driving.. then, at the end of the day, i noticed one of the front fenders was pushed in a couple inches.. i blame her... she blames me... etc..however.. just like in your case.. a few good things came of it.
1. she asked for a lift for x-mas so her jeep wouldn't get so beat up...
2. the fender pulled out pretty good and you can barely tell anything happened at all
3. that first, most painfull trail damage is out of the way..
cant wait till the trails open this spring so we can test out the tj with lift...

~~Elusive~~
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]safaried..1 ton drivetrain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj,lift..etc
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

I tried that route with her, offering to build it so it couldn't get damaged, but she knew better. Lifts on ABS equipped vehicles are also a no-no up here, so no lift for us. Oh well, another vehicle is just as nice, and I have some nice plans for it, including a CJ grill swap.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 12:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I can see where your Jeepchick is coming from in this one, Jeep "N". My Jeepchick would DIE if something even SCRATCHED her CJ SNOJEEP, especially with the nice paint job it has. She does not, however, feel the least bit hesitant to push our ZJ through deep snow, and regards snow as "friendly". Off-Road rocks would be a completely different thing. We are much older folks, with very few things that we have to "prove" and as such we don't really feel the need to see if we can go here, or go there without getting stuck in mud or on a rock, so it is a very different thing that what most of you guys are thinking and doing. For us, the challenge is to drive right by the Blazies and the Exploders and the rest of the fake FWDs in "Impossible Snow", without having to chain up. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Actually, it was a snow run. It was down a trail, fairly wide, and I swear I never touched anything to cause the dents, although I must have somewhere. We'll get them fixed, even though they're small. I gotta play nice for awhile and work on mine. Good news is I picked up a digital camera, so I can at least document the final assembly.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 01:18 PM

Dang!! Why can't *I* get a directive like that? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 01:33 PM

My wife and I went out 2 weeks ago with some friends of our. We have a CJ-7 (lifted, chevy, t-18,...)and we got stuck in the muck twice. I did however get directed to buy a winch so we dont have to rely on our trail buddies. I love taking the wife wheelin!
TJ (Its my name, not my Jeep!)

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 04:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I love it when my Jeepchick says stuff like: "We need a good AK-47!" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Those are GREAT directives.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]....and she MEANT it![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 04:29 PM

I havn't gotten to take my chick yet, she doesn't have a jeep, welll can't drive legally yet, but I'm working on her. I think when I berak something she will just hop in and help me fix it
BarrelRoll

'95 YJ Totaled!
Now All I have is an insurance Claim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode