Place to rent off road Jeeps? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 02:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Place to rent off road Jeeps?

Are there any places out there that rent offroad Jeeps? I'm thinking about making my spring break trip this year to any place out west that I can rent a jeep and wheel with it. I know a company has to be out there that does this sort of thing, I just have no idea where to look. If anybody has any web addresses, please send them along. I'm not picky at all about where I'll be going, I'm just looking to do something unique for a change. Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 05:03 PM
Old Hand

Re: Place to rent off road Jeeps?

In moab, there are 2 or 3 places. Do a search. I know one is called Faradays or something like that. I think moab would be the perfect place for such a trip. Unbelievable scenery. Dozens of trails within miles of the little town. Difficulty ranging from graded dirt road, to the most gnarly trails you've ever dreamed of rated 5 (Pritchett Canyon, Upper Helldorado, etc). You probably couldn't take a rented Jeep on the toughest trails, but you could do some good wheeling on their 4-4+ trails. The town is set-up to support that kind of trip.

Also, some cool mountain biking if that is your thing. You can rent really nice full suspension bikes for something like $30/day. There is rafting, rock climbing, base jumping, arches national park for some neat hikes.

The Jeep rentals are just over $100/day plus fuel. They come with a cooler and some basic gear. The insurance deductible is something like $2,000. The Jeeps have been well used, so I don't think they would nickle and dime you for little dings, scratches, etc.

That rate is pretty reasonable. Moab is about 4 hours from Salt Lake City, 5-6 from Denver, or about 1 1/2 from Grand Junction, Colorado about 40 minutes off I-70 near Green River, Utah.

Good Luck

-raymo
Scrambler
258 4.0 Head/MPI,NV4500,D300,4.10's,HS9500
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There are several places in Moab. Faradays only rents stock jeeps, I believe, but there is a place called Dan Mick's. He rents modified jeeps and also does guided tours. He would be the perfect one to call. I dont know his number but I'm sure you can find something off the internet. Good luck. If you really want a trip, go during the Easter Jeep Safari. It is the week before and weekend including Easter. You will never see so many jeeps in one place as there. It is a four wheeling experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

March 8-12 are the only dates I'll be able to make it, so I don't know what events may be at the same time. Whats the weather like around there at that time of year?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 09:16 PM
jeepfreak1

I came across this.
see if this helps
http://4x4now.com/4wstours.htm

<font color=green> JF1 </font color=green>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 09:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only dates I'll be able to make my trip are March 8-12. What is the weather like out there at that time of year?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 09:51 PM

http://www.moab-utah.com/farabee/ Stock tj's
http://www.moab-utah.com/jeep/jeep.html 4" lifted 7's and & 8's
http://www.moab-utah.com/castlerock/ Stock tj's
These are some i found on a search on yahoo, prices range a fair amount and probably condition and equipment also change, why not brign your jeep?
Barrelroll

'95 YJ Totaled!
Now All I have is an insurance Claim

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 10:02 PM
Old Hand

weather is usually great. Mid 70s during the day, pretty chilly at night (I'm guessing high 40s. I have been there in march and seen some snow (not too much), some rain, and some wind, but usually have had great weather. That may be a week or two sooner than I have been. Seems like my trips have always been late march or early april.

Plenty of good wheeling to do that time of year there.

-raymo
Scrambler
258 4.0 Head/MPI,NV4500,D300,4.10's,HS9500
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for some of the links. I'm coming from western PA, so it would a rough drive. Esp since I'd have to turn around and head home by the time I got there.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 01:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] There is a place here in CA, I believe it is Georgetown that rents Rubicon-Ready Jeeps. The famous Harry of Harryworld TJ guy posted a slew of photos and text about his cool trip out here from his lair on the east coast and the experiences he had in his rentaJeep. I cannot recall which BBS it was on, but I THINK it was this one??????[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode