Lost my Scrambler!!!! (Long) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Lost my Scrambler!!!! (Long)

I am sure some of you can relate to the story I am about to tell. There is a Jeep Scrambler in my new neighborhood that I have been watching for the last 8 months. It is parked in this guys front yard and hasn't moved. It has some surface rust, but otherwise looks pretty good. So about 5 months ago I finally saw this guy in his yard and asked him about it. He said he wasn't sure what he was going to do with it and that he was looking for a CJ7. I ask him if he wants to sell it and he says no, not yet. So about a month ago I see a really nice built CJ7 in his yard along with the Scrambler. So I think alright maybe he is ready to sell the Scrambler, so I leave a note on his gate. Let me mention that I have driven by this guys house every day for the last 6-7 months and I have only seen him once. I don't hear from the guy so I assume he is busy or not interested. So yesterday I am driving by and the guy is in his yard with the doors to his Scrambler open. I stop and yell "Hey are you ready to sell that Scrambler Yet?" Of course, he replies that he is just cleaning it out so his brother-in-law can come pick it up because he is buying it. I am not happy.......
Anyway it looks like if I had really wanted it I should have made a bigger effort, because after talking to this guy I am sure he would have sold it to me if I had the money in my hand. So the moral of this story is go get some cash and don't be afraid to pester the hell out of someone if you see a Jeep you really want, if you don't someone's brother-in-law will be driving your Scrambler.

This story sucks.......

Later,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 09:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lost my Scrambler!!!! (Long)

This just happened to me yesterday! I drove by this damn CJ7 for months. It was sitting in a fenced in area, but the gate was always open. My wife and I checked it out a few times (deciding what to offer for it) Well, yesterday, we made a decision. We went to leave a note on the Jeep with our info...when we arrived, there was nothing but a bare spot in the snow.. and the gate was closed

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 02:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Believe me I feel for you I've had my eye on a Scrambler for a while it was in a guys drive way for months no plates just sitting there but when ever I went to the house no one was home didn't matter when I went there no one was ever home so I tried leaving a note no reply then a few days ago when I go past no more Scrambler>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 03:25 PM

Maybe you should go to the brother-in-law's wife and tell her how much money he's going to be spending on his new Jeep for the usual lift, tires, gears, lockers, H/P enhancing mods....
Then when you've convinced her that it's really not a very cost effective toy for him to own, obviously you offer to take the heap off her hands for a fair and resonable fee.

RocknCJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
A bad day wheelin'
will always beat a good day workin' [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 11:26 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>I wouldn't worry too much about his brother-in-law getting it. He probably had no intention of letting you get it w/o giving family first dibs. Had he sold it to some stranger, I'd be miffed.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I wasn't upset with the guy at all. He was very nice. The problem I had was I could tell he would have sold it to me if I had gotten to him sooner. He didn't really seem excited about his brother-in-law getting it. He was concerned over the price to sell it for, and of course selling stuff to family you usually get screwed anyway. But hey, that is what families are for...

Later,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode