258 Quirks, What\'s new!
No other carbed vehicle I have owned has had a CTO valve and my Jeep runs like hell with the EGR valve connected to vacuum so...?
1. What's the difference in ported vacuum as appossed to the good old manifold vacuum?
2. What use is the CTO valve and is it expendable?
3. Same as 2. but regarding EGR.
4. What makes the BBD Carter such an unefficient carb and what can I change to make it better (wife says hi...carry on...) sorry about that.
5. Is the stepper on the carb part of the problem, no other carb has it, can I just delete it and set my mixture normaly?
6. How much of the vacuum line spider web on my engine do I actually HAVE to keep?
My 81 350 had no emissions and maybe 2 vacuum lines (distributer advance and brake booster) and it ran cherry. I have no concern where I am about emissions tests so I don't care about that I just want to make it run better without all that useless garbage. It I wanted the rats nest under the hood I would have got injection.
Thanks in advance. I just want to simplify things without having a choked up motor, empty wallet and rich dealership.
PS. Already removed the pulse air system, disconnected EGR(big improvement), got rid of everything connected to the air cleaner housing because I got rid of the air cleaner housing, Accel super coil, High energy wires, K&N filter, 4.0 head swap as soon as I can find a 4.0 head, new catalytic converter, clear idle tubes.