Line-X/Rhino Liner - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 07:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Line-X/Rhino Liner

I need some advice.... I called the Line-X dealer today and got a rough quote on how much it would cost to line my 84 CJ-7. He quoted me $625.00. I thought this is quite high. What do you guys think? Where can I get the same type quality liner for less price. Also, the liner comes with a lifetime warranty. Somebody please point me in the right direction. I am going over to the Line-X dealer in the morning to see if I can get the price knocked down a little. Anybody have any tips on how I can talk him down? Thanks for all the help in advance!

CaliCJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 07:55 PM
Enthusiast

Re: Line-X/Rhino Liner

I haven't tried any of these, but am thinking about lining my tub. At least it will give you some info.

http://www.armacoatings.com/
http://www.armaguard.com/
http://www.durabak.com/
http://www.splitfire.com/herculiner/

1992 Jeep YJ 4.0/5sp
http://dennisuello.tripod.com/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

make it http://www.herculiner.com/

1992 Jeep YJ 4.0/5sp
http://dennisuello.tripod.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 09:53 PM

the pricing is a local deal. here in mobile al. line x is $285 for a cj7

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 10:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Those 2 prices are pretty much the high and low of what I've heard. Around $400 seems to be the average. Herculiner and Durabak are great products but cannot compete with Line-X/Rhino type liners. I used Herc in mine. Some of the places will cut the price if you do the prep and all they have to do is spray. Others I've heard won't guarantee it if you prep it. Not much help but all I know.

K-16
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 06:05 AM
sas87yj

do it yourself and save $525![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] it's not that hard and a small step for a marine! just take out seats and console and sand a little. tape up what you don't want to cover. go to kmart's auto dept and buy 1 gallon of the black herculiner for $100. paint it on-two coats. otherwise you have to leave your rig at the shop and have to pick it up and who knows what they will f_ck up in the process![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 02:14 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I got my CJ-7 Rhinolined for $175 at a shop in Owensboro KY. They were running a special "Any truck bed $175". The guy before me got his CJ done for $125. But his tub was new and uninstalled. Be patient and check around.
Larry

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 04:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you can shop around and find a decent deal with the Rhino Liner, I would recommend it. I don't have my CJ lined (it's still just POR-15 and a topcoat), but my Ram bed is lined with Rhino Liner. It's very durable and doesn't fade in color. We've put a lot of wear on it, and it holds up very well.

99 XJ, 3" RE Lift, 31x10.5x15 BFG MTs
86 CJ-7
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I went to the Line-X dealer yesterday. He looked my Jeep over and said it the was best one he has seen yet (condition wise in the cab). I grilled him with all sorts of questions, had him take me on a tour of his shop and show me how he does it all. He went through and showed me various samples of different liners and compared them with Line-X. Here's the deal.... Line-X is High Pressure Sprayed and is shot on HOT. That allows for a quicker drying time and a finer texture, as compared with Rhino Liner, which is Low Pressure Sprayed and shot on COLD. The Rhino Liner ends up with bigger globs, but both look comparable. Line-X is more Polyurethane based versus Rhino Liner which is more of a rubber based product. Line-X has more tensil strength and looks like it can endure more. I guess it just all depends on the application you are going to use it for and how you want it to look i.e. finer texture vs. thicker texture. I got the Line-X guy to drop his price down to $535 instead of $625. I talked to the Rhino Liner dealer and he said he would go $425. I also found out that all these spray on liner's use the same polyurethane. There is just one difference. The grade of polyurethane they recieve. For example, when the delivery truck ( tanker ) drops it off, certain companies get the stuff off the top, while the other companies get the poly that is on the bottom where most of the crud has settled, so it is a lower quality. I advise any one thinking about this to do some homework. I am still undecided as to which one I am going to go with, but will keep you guys posted when I get it done.

CaliCJ7
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 02:43 PM
Tim
Keyboard Implanted

Both my Jeeps have been lined with Line-X. Even had the exterior of my Jeepster hardtop done. I'm very happy with the results, it's great stuff. Just make sure you've seen a few jobs the shop has done. The prep work is crucial, then how it's shot is second. If their work looks profesional, it's most likely worth what you pay for.

Tim
'66 Jeepster Commando w/Buick 252/4.1L V-6
'70 Wagoneer w/Buick 350 V-8
'76 Wagoneer w/AMC 401 V-8 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode