OT - New toy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 01:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT - New toy

Sort of off topic.... Spun a bearing in the plow jeep a couple weeks back.
It's replacement showed up early this week... I'm like a kid in a candy store[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img].

Yes, that is a 4.2L block hanging off the front!

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
http://www.tidesys.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-309378-Dcp00576t.jpg (21.2 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 09:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT - New toy

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] A NEW tractor......you got a NEW tractor? I am OVERCOME with jealosy! Man, things must be flush up there in New Ham'shuh.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 09:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ya well...goes along with the 24 acres we bought... The plan was buy new
and have for the next 30 years[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Now I just need to build the house,
argh[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 01:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Heh heh..........[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] that's cool! We JUST finalized the deal on our little Iowa farm, and I'm looking forward to filling the equipment shed with tractors......LOTS of tractors.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 02:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CJDAve - Yep. I've been following your leavin CA threads... Very cool[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img].
My plan is house, shop, attach a barn to shop... 1 tractor, jeep and some farm animals for the kids to grow up with...

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 04:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] We were planning on building from scratch, but one of our "spies" located some property and we were able to buy the "farmstead only" off of an operating Iowa farm. The owners kept the farmground and we bought the farm STEAD.....about two acres with all the buildings. We could never build it for what it cost us to buy, and I'm sort of a "reworker" guy more than a "builder" guy when it comes to structures. I can "see" something different when I look at an existing form, be it a machine or a bldg. One of our first purchases might be a used backhoe. We need it do do some excavating around the house for the new garage project, and later on for water and sewer line relocation, and THEN to power the tractor-mounted wood splitter. I also have a lead on an antique John Deere A that is almost as old as the one I drove as a kid (pre-War model). It'll be nice to feel the throb of that big two-cylinder engine again.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 06:22 PM

ahhhh, what a beautiful sight. I'm selling one of my jeeps to get some type of tractor, should come in handy grooming/landscaping on a new house. I'm in the process of building in Minot, Maine. Where are you in NH rkcrowler?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Big Ed
<font color=red>'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,35's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c</font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Currently in Mont Vernon. The new spread is in Antrim, NH. Lots to do up there, we just had the loggers in right after Christmas...between 7-8 acres open now and a nice view of Monadnock. Lots of old stone walls to move (not any that are worth keeping, just walls that are in the way of building!)

We looked and looked for for something that we could buy existing, but we wanted land (I refuse to live in a cookie cutter development)... and with two young little ones, buying an antique colonial (which I would have LOVED to do) and renovating while living there would have been tough.

So, we'll live on a unmaintained town road, next to a very old cemetery, and the neighbors (besides the two other houses on the road) include turkey, moose, deer and bear. See attached picture. Saw this guy in August up there...(quality isn't great, had to capture it from video)

I can't wait....

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-310644-bear2.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 10:42 PM

cool! definitely nice to be out in the country. They just got got through capping my foundation off:
http://members.dencity.com/suckowe/house.htm
later
big ed

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Big Ed
<font color=red>'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,35's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c</font color=red>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 02:16 AM

Hi rkcrawl, Im in Lawrence just south of you. How is the wheeling in NH? I moved last year from Oregon and am always looking for a nice place to wheel. My uncle lives near the North east area of New hampshire (dont have a map in front of me) are you up there in the northern part? Dont mind my signiture, my rig isnt locked yet front or rear, My pony carb is sitting in the garage, and my J**p eater is 'Just emptying every Pocket' for now. Your right between me and Mark (JEEPN) whom I visit when its not snowing up there. I heard that its illegal to wheel in NH and if they catch you they can take away your rig?! Is that true or folklore? By the way nice toy, and I like the tractor too...

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode