AMC 360 owners - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 12:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

AMC 360 owners

I am buying a strong running AMC 360 for a swap into my '86 CJ-7. I am curious as to what/where the weak links are in the engine. I am going to be taking it to a machine shop and have it torn down. What parts should I replace not for performance but for durability, endurance, good quality.. So I don't have to worry about it after the swap? I have heard I should get M.O.R.E. motor mounts as well as poly tranny mounts.. Are there any other ideas about what I should do here?
Kind regards,
Jesse

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AMC 360 owners

I too have an AMC 360 in my 1985 CJ7, it is stock and I didnt rebuild anything prior to stuffing it in. I also used MORE motor mounts, the poly tranny mounts isnt a bad idea either. WHat type of tranny are you using?

Check out http://www.froadin.com/index.html a gentleman named Hammer can answer just about any 360 rebuilt/performance upgrade question you may have.

Good luck

'85 CJ-7/360/727/D300 w/Currie Twin Stick and TeraLow 4-1 kit,Dana 44/30 w/4.56 and Detroits,SSR 35's,York AC onboard air and the TR ignition upgrade
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 06:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the T-176. This is what I've found so far.. A milodon deep sump oil pan and a duel line pick up. 390 heads and an edlebrock performer series carburator. Besides the M.O.R.E. motor mounts I'm not quite sure of any other tricks to improve this motors life. I offered a machine shop $700 to freshin up this engine and suprising enough they wouldn't take it. Any recommendations?
Jesse

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 07:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check out CJDave's AMC oiling system. CJDave and TeamRush are pretty smart on AMC engines as well. If you can't them directly search for CJDave AMC oiler or something like that. I look for it myself and see if I can't post it.

K-16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode