Selling the CJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 03:01 PM
joeybcdt

Selling the CJ

Well, I've finally decided to sell my CJ. It's just too damm nice. I want to get something I'm not afraid to scratch and I don't have to wash every time I spill antifreeze. Any suggestions where I should advertise it? I'll be asking probably $12,500.

Joey

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-308498-JeepSide.jpg (83.2 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 03:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Selling the CJ

ah... I'm almost in the same boat.. I'm selling mine also.. for $6500 .. Just advertise in the local paper and online at some autotrader classifieds.. You'll get some good inquires.... Whats on your CJ7? Look at mine almost the same [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'78 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-308516-jeepd.jpg (40.4 KB, 0 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 03:41 PM
joeybcdt

Hey nice CJ.
Take a look at my profile. It shows most what's on there. I've also got the hard top and doors, a bikini top, and a brand new SuperTop and soft doors. I'm keeping the Warn 8274 and the new bumper. The bumpers that will be on it are heavy stainless. The rear is a tube bumper.

Joey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 03:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Got anything you might wanna sell ???? hehehe... I never know when I need something cool

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'78 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 05:28 PM

I look at it, and it look pretty good, but I,m affraid unless you can get a kid on the apeal. You be looking at about $5000 on a good day. Now this is roughly bluebook value.at the price you want you can get one almost new instaed of 16 years old.

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 05:59 PM

Na you can probally get more money than that. However i dont think that you can get 12500 for it. No mader how nice a CJ is they just dont seem to sell for that high. A little thing to remeber is that jeeps cost more in the summer. (im not joking) If you can wait a few months sell it then. If not then take your time and try to find someone that likes it just a much as you do.

78 cj7 for sale (insert tears here).
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 06:02 PM

hey i just though of something. There are always jeeps that sell for way more than normal on Ebay. Just make it really really clean and show a bunch of pics with the top on, off, under the hood, ect..

78 cj7 for sale (insert tears here).
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 12:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Joey,

Sorry to say but, I'm thinking your out of your mind trying to get that kind of money for it. Its a nice Jeep and all, but you're still running the Dana 30 AMC20 combo w/o lockers. I could build a better Jeep from scratch for that kind of money. I think the most you could hope for is around $8k. Unless of course you find some trust fund oil kid down there in TX to get his daddy to buy it for him. Which might be an option. But if it were me, I'd go ahead and wheel it, don't worry about the paint job, and continue to build it till its the vehicle you want.

Good luck finding the trustfunder,

G-Man, 83' CJ7, Detroit's and 4.56's front and rear, 35 Baja Claws
Wheel it today, it could be a housing development tomorrow.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 01:02 PM
BigMan

No offense guy but you'l NEVER get it. It's nice and clean but unless it has EVERYTHING packed under the hood you'l be lucky to get 6500 for it. I'v got tons of cash and time in mine. Way lifted, frame off, on board air, big stereo etc etc etc. I could go on forever. I advertised it forever for 10 grand never got a call. I'v lowered it to $8500 and people are calling but not buying. I'v now decided to strip off all the extras and sell it for around $6000 which I'l still loose my ass on but I'm trying to buy a house and need the cash.
Good luck, You'll need it.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Joey,
I'm with G_Man on this one. Keep your Jeep and wheel with it. I understand the 'not wanting to wheel because it might get damaged' thoughts, but you'd have to return that rig to bone stock to get a collector (who'd appreciate it's condition) to bite on it. Since it's modified from stock, keep going and swap out the axles for stronger/better units with lockers. You've got an excellent base to start from. Unless you're wanting to sell this one to buy a project Jeep to build. If that's the case, be very thorough in your plan of attack. I've been bit by this 'idea' before and it backfired big time (sold new mild modified truck in favor of an older resto-modify project [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]), and I lost a few G's on the deal. So I won't be doing that again. The Jeep we have now was given to my wife by her Dad and she asked me build it however I wanted to, as long as it stays street legal. It was quite a basket case (I wouldn't have given more than $500 for it), but with many man hours, it's functional. Not pretty, but functional. Good luck with what ever you decide Joey[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].... Bret

'56 CJ-5, 283, t-90/d18, 25/44, 32's on 15x10's,no lift yet, cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode