2" body lift??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2\" body lift???

I have a 91 yj with a pro comp coil conversion running 33's and am planning on installing a 2" body lift so when Im ready to run 35's Ill have all the room i need <The question is other than popping the pin in the steering shaft has any one come across any other little quirks when this is installed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 07:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2\" body lift???

Are you asking advise.. I'd say go with it.. Sounds like the only way to gain some extra clearance... try trimming the fenderwells?

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'78 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 08:33 PM

I believe it's advetised for 35's so they might fit. another option would be a coil spacer, I think the conversion is pretty much tj coils so a tj spacer would work. You could try just getting the 35's and then adding the lift when they start to rub.
BarrelRoll

'95 YJ Totaled!
Now All I have is an insurance Claim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was considering getting the coil conversion before I got my RE springs. I called Pro-Comp and asked a few questions, and got answers.

They are only advertised for 33x12.50 tires on a certain backspacing. Anything else will void the warrenty on the entire system. Doesn't matter if you install a body lift, if the tires and wheels aren't what is specified in the lift instructions, the warrenty will be voided.

This is why I decided against the coil conversion. Decided to get the 35" tires another way, with leafs and body lift. But if the warrenty is expired, then you might want to try to fit them. I did read a review that someone placed on the web(I think in an article, but could have been in another forum). They stated that they tried to get away with not buying the correct backspacing(had previously purchaced rims) and they had an extremely bad shimmy when getting up to speed. Spent money on new wheels and it went away.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.</font color=green>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 10:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry about this post it didnt print all I was asking I was wondering if when installed is there any other quirks to the lift other than having to pop out the pin on the steering shaft to extend it JR

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 09:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You might have to extend the fuel line that should be all.. If you want move the raditor also, but this could be a time to get some electric fans... Thats the approach I'm about to take...

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'78 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

When you order, get the PA one. Their directions were the best, most precise ones for any mod for my Jeep. They will also tell you potential problems, and how to solve them. The process of extending the steering shaft is covered very throughly(about 2 paragraphs long). Also did I mention that the directions are very clear(follow them to a "T", kinda like whem TR gives you a solution to a problem).

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode