Jeep Pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 05:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeep Pics

Well, gotta give back the digital camera tomorrow so I thought I would post pics of my Jeep. The first one was in March of last year. I layed it over on its side on 4th of July weekend and since then have done all these modifications (all without commercial help or labor) after reading about them on this board. 4" lift, recessed rear lights, inframe headers with glass packs, cut the front fenders, new rims/tires, rebuilt all four drum brakes and parking brake, one-piece rear axles, new windshield/glass, and primered it gray.

These were all taken today.

My other vehicle is an Aircraft Carrier.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 05:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Jeep Pics

Looks great Kahuna. You can be proud of the fact that you, with the help of this bbs, did it yourself.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 06:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i like!!!!

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
efi351w/np435/d300/working on 1tons and 38's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 06:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

nice jeep.. i really like your work on the tail lights.. glad to see you went the extra effort and put the side ones in also.. great job!

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 01:26 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Very sharp indeed. Good pics too. What kind of camera? (yes, I'm still looking for one!)

Experience always comes right after you need it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 12:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Nice work, Pat! The tail end especially! You know what you might do is take a stencil and stencil "USN 390137" in several places on it, and that way with the grey paint it would blend right in when it was parked on a pier and you could even load and take it to sea with you so you could work on it in your spare time[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Hey!.....I thought base housing was supposed to be SQUALOR.....you know....tin roofs and not much heat?

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 12:43 PM
I Do This For The Glory

<font color=blue>Very sharp indeed. Good pics too. What kind of camera? (yes, I'm still looking for one!)</font color=blue>

What price range are you looking for? I am going to get the Toshiba PDR-M60, it's $400 at Best buy, but I can get the 4 year warranty through them, so no worries. I have a TON of digital camera links if you want to look up some cameras. I also have quite a list as to why I chose the Toshiba, took me about 6 weeks to decide on it vs others.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the enthusiasm and words of encouragement. I used a Sony MVC-FD71 Digital camera. Boy, what a difference pictures make. I had a kitchen table on my ship's classified pages for two weeks without a picture, posted a picture this am and it sold today.

CJDave,
I couldn't have done this one without all of your online and offline help. I might take your advice and just leave it "Haze Gray and Underway"

And yes, CJDave, I still have those goofy homemade wire looms. Ha, Ha.

Once again, thanks all.

My other vehicle is an Aircraft Carrier.
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 10:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your jeep looks real good and I really like the recessed lights. I do have one question for you when you changed tires was there a reason why you switched wheels? The reason I'm asking is that your original wheels look like the ones that I have.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the Mavica FD90 - GREAT pics - I would post a pic of my 78CJ7 - but - then you would see why I use BEATER in my screen name. BTW I think you little wire looms are KEWL. My pappy used to tell me " poor folks got poor ways" With the wires seperated that way you don't get the blue spark show at night.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode