insanity-OT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 03:10 PM
brendan

insanity-OT

A friend of mine lost it and beat an 88yearold man to death yesterday in portland. He was at my house last weekend-we watched the saints-rams game. He was always an odd duck, but out of the blue, he just loses it. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? he was a recreational drug user, but this has the whole town baffled. Brendan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 04:20 PM

Re: insanity-OT

Some things you just never know about.
One of my best friends broke his neck this week, and another friends keyboard player (a health freak to boot) dropped over dead of a heart attack this week too.
All I can say is life has many odd curves to it.

Lead , follow , or WINCH ME OUT!!!!
http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've seen more of this than you can possible believe I used to be a corrections officer,many supposedly recreational drug users use much more than they let any one know. Most of the inmates in jails and prisons crimes are in some way related to drug ussage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 12:42 PM
Addict

PCP can make people do strange things, especially if the person doesn't know it's on a joint they're smoking. Nasty stuff. I knew a guy about 20 years ago who got the crap beat out of him at a concert..... the complete stranger in the seat next to him turned to him and said, "I'm God and you're the Devil", and proceeded to wail on him. Later found out the guy had unknowingly smoked some PCP.

-Dana

The sex was so good that even the neighbors had a cigarette.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 12:49 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I knew of him, we'd met a few times, and his older sister used to hang around with us when we were kids. Don't have an answer for you, sorry. Sometimes people just snap, you never know how tightly wound they are until all hell breaks loose. Another reason to take life a little easier.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 03:59 PM
brendan

Every day now, the news seems to dig up one more bit of the story. I guess that it wasn't as sudden as i thought, he had just been hiding his problems from everyone, whatever they may have been. Shea used to sit for my sisters and me yaers ago. Just strange, i guess. it's a crazy world Brendan

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 04:20 PM
Way Outta Control

David O. McKay said: "The unholy act is preceeded by the unholy though."

Christ said: "As a man thinketh, so is he."

On a whole, as a society we neglet to teach our children to school their thoughts. As their thoughts become undiciplined, so do they. Then we feed those thoughts with music and entertainment that destorys hope and soul.

Is it no wonder when children can't control themselves at an eary age they grow up to be "adults" who can't control themselves?

Again as a whole the liberial society teaches our children everything should be sweetness and light... I'm OK, you're OK. When the child reaches the real world and finds out that ain't so... the awakening can be rude. There's been no accountability for actions taught and instilled in many of our youth. Again is it no wonder that so many turn to drugs to dull the senses from a reality that comes crashing down upon them and for which they've never been taught to confront and handle?

IMHO the loss or morality and religion in our culture has been an evil that is rising to the top of our society. The recent election prooves that point.

I've preached enough... but in closing I'd like to close with another quote from David O. McKay: "No success can comensate for failure in the home."

Safe Jeepin'

LEVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode