Need some help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Need some help

Hey guys
For my speech class, I have to write a persuasive speech..anyways I want to write it on why everyone should go out and try 4-wheelin. So I am trying to argue against the common things people think are bad about four wheelin, such as environmentally bad, or not safe...anyways I was having a hard time thinkking of more things so I decided to ask the experts...what do you guys think would make good points as to why people should try off roadin....I should also probably have some resources as well....anyways any book and ideas stuff you guys think might be a help i appreciate it...thanks

_________
|rent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need some help

To take a Quote from CJDave "Vehicle Awareness" Nothing will make you more aware of where all 'four' are then a few treks off-road![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 10:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd strongly suggest you use very carefully metered language in describing the activity. "4wheelin" conjures up negative connotations, as does "off-roadin." I'd use some more politically correct language. Check out the Tread Lightly website for some info. In addition, be sure to mention all the positive things that jeepers do, such as search and rescue missions, forest fire scouting, etc. Jeeps are the only way that many people (people with disabilities, etc.) can truly experience a journey through a forest. These are just a few ideas. But be sure you watch your language. I'd also avoid throwing in any 4 wheeling glory stories about things like the time you got stuck while tresspassing on the construction site...not that you've neccesarily ever done anything like that, but you get my drift, right?

Moneyless, Will weld for jeep accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 11:13 AM
I Do This For The Glory

When is this due? How much time do we have to come up with thoughts and ideas? Persuasive essays are a PITA, you have to think of both sides of the argument, then formulate a rebutal to all the negative points, then eloquently weave them all together in a coherent structure. I hope it isn't due soon...

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

It is due on friday, but since this is a winter course he know we are short on time(it was assigned yesterday) it only needs to be like 6 minutes long and I know I can talk for AT least 6 minutes about off roading...anyways I was thinking of focusing on trying to convice people to try it...and my teacher said it would be good to refute the common misconceptions such as land damage, safety...etc...any good idea to refute or sources would be awesome..thanks again guys

_________
|rent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode