Brake Booster / Brake Master Cylinder (TOM85CJ7??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 01:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Brake Booster / Brake Master Cylinder (TOM85CJ7???

Hey all…I know that TOM85CJ7 said he was going to do a break upgrade over the holidays…I wanted to know how it went…

I’m thinking about doing this my self but I wanted to get some input from you guys first…I’ve been trying to get better performance out of my current setup…but I’m not having any luck…I’ve adjusted/bleed the brakes, but I still don’t have much power…I don’t think my booster is working…I did the quick test of pumping the breaks up with the eng. Off, but I couldn’t get much pressure built up…any ideas?

Here are a few questions…

Currently I have a 76CJ7 with a 304, turbo400 and q-trac…it has all four wheel drums w/ 31’s…In the near future I plan to have all four disk on D44’s w/35’s….

Here are my ??? :

1. Is there any easy bolt on? I do not have a welder L, thus fab’in things is very difficult…

2. What is the best choice of parts, looking forward to my all disk setup? I would rather over do things now, and have them just right in the future.

3. Does anyone have a quick fix for my current problem?

Thank you!
Tucker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 06:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Brake Booster / Brake Master Cylinder (TOM85CJ7???

Haven't done the upgrade yet. I am still collecting parts. My '85 CJ7 has manual brakes. I am using the bracket from an '87 Wrangler a GM Dual Diaphragm booster and a CJ Master cylinder for powerbrakes. I haven't gotten the booster yet. I will post my results when complete. If I were you I would definitely look into some discs for up front. They will make a huge difference. Or if you have power brakes just do the booster upgrade.

Later,
Tom

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode