newbie - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 12:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Y'All!

Just discovered this board after Jeepgod brought it to my attention on the Jeeps Unlimited board. Hope my sig is not too long!

I can't weld, I can't set-up gears, I can't seem to lose that last 120 pounds. But I love to wheel. I have modified the TJ myself as much as I could. I paid for the rest. Does that make me unwelcome in here?

I hope not, JU is getting to be quite the place for flames and idiotic rants and threads.

99 TJ Sport, 5-Speed, Super35, Fr Tru-Trac, Rr Detroit, 4.5 RE, SYE, 33" TSL Bias Ply.
God forgives. Rocks don't!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 02:16 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: newbie

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I looks like you can squeak by with what you have as long as you don't try to list the items stuck to the sun visors.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] You'll have to get some moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] into your posts, plus you'll have to sign a statement affirming that you are part of that Vast Right Wing Conspiracy that the scumbag's wife blamed for the Lewinsky affair. Also, if you qualify in three of the four areas listed you can claim Enemy-Of-The-Klintunstate status: (1) Attends church regularly; (2) Attends a bible study ; (3)Owns a gun; (4) hoards food. So if you meet some church buddies at 6AM on Tuesday mornings to study the Old Testament Prophets, and buy a case of Spam on the way home from the shooting range, you're IN.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 05:03 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].. good one dave.. just scare off every new guy/gal that comes on here..
you'll have to pardon him.. he's.. huh.. well.. he's dave.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]..

Welcome Aboard!!!

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 05:35 AM
Way Outta Control

I can't even get this right so I guess I've got to bid a fond Adieu to the forum. I just don't measure up to the criteria...as I:

1. Attend chruch MORE than once a week. Aw Heck, Mormon kids are the only kids in the world that when they play house figure in "goin' to meetin'" time. Mormons are alway goin' to, comin' from, or in a meetin'. I've never figured out just when I've had time to have 7 kids? I don't remember scheduing a meeting with the wife?

2. Mormons study the Old and the New Testament... and the Book of Mormon... lots and lots of studyin'...it's a good thing I learned to read... I've only memorized 4 scriptures in my life:

Old Testament
New Testament
Book of Mormon
D&C

As for studyin' the Old Testament Prophets... we get to study modern ones too!

3. I only own ONE gun... an AR7. Any one want to donate a nice "BIG" gun to me so I can stay on this forum?

4. I don't Hoard food... I STORE and rotate the Storage... a years supply of food in the basement plus about a years supply of Civil Defense crackers (Yech!). Now I've just got to figure out how to store a years supply of water, fuel, mortgage money... etc.

Safe Jeepin'

Larry
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 06:22 AM
Can't Get Enough

Can someone define "hoard food"? Two kids, two dogs, and a cat....nothing stays in this house long. hehe

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 06:56 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Hey, welcome to the board. Doesn't matter who you are, what you drive, or how many guns you own (so long as it's at least one[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]).

There's a VAST wealth of knowledge on this BBS, but sometimes you run into people like CJDave, who have been around, well, maybe a little too long. All that California air has gotten to him, so when he say "moonguys", I think he REALLY is seeing them. Not a problem, we have been administering *therapy* to him for some time now, in the way of jeep related questions and problems to solve. Seems to be working, he's moving in another year of so out of *that* place.

Feel free to ask anything, and don't let being a *Newbie* scare you away, it's not how many posts you have, it's what you can teach us and what you can learn from us. So welcome!

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 08:14 AM

Like Larry, I was raised like a good Mormon boy (great grandfather's name was Lehi - 4 wives, 26 children) but decided to skip all the meetings plus the bushel of kids.
Any one who is short one of Dave's perequisites can join my own church, The Church of God's Creation and Great Outdoors, another one of the 'reform' branches. There is a meeting every Sunday ... right outside your door.
Then, all you have to do is keep some extra Vienna Sasauges and crackers in the pantry .... and then you are in!
Welcome aboard!

No offence, Larry. I know you understand .... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 09:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi other"New Guy" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Vice-Pres. Rock Garden 4 Wheelers, Farmington, NM
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 09:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] There are times when this BBS really cracks me up.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I can just see Jimmy Z's bunch CLEANING OUT the pantry at home.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 02:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome a board Fredjeep don't mind these guys, all the guys here are good friends and like to kid a lot, before you know it you'll be shooting the sh1t and putting people on to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode