thought for all those who frequent this BBs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

thought for all those who frequent this BBs

i dont know who or how many on here visit other boards.. but i just started going to the jeeps unlimited board.... and well.. its rather out there for me.. and most of us.. from what i gather since i have been on here almost a year.. so i dont say to much.. and when i seem to do on that board.. they just hate me.. and could give a rats ass to what i say.. but that doesnt really bother me.. what does is.. i posted on there.. well.. how dorking they are.. in their signatures.. they have everything from poly mounts to cb's.. to air freshners.. now that is gay.. i dont need to know this crap... but most of them think they do.. they say.. "it lets me know what someone has.. so i can email him.. yada yada.. ".. ok.. whatever.. to each his own.. but what got me laughin.. is this .. now this is a quote.. "You learn to ignore them just like you learn to ignore all of the gun crazed hillbilly off-topic babble that goes on at offroad.com".. yes that is a direct quote.. now.. when someone says that.. it not only makes me laugh with this content between the two.. but it makes me sad.. its sad to hear someone say that.. for those gun crazed hillbillies.. is what gained america its freedom.. and its what i stand for now.. and its what i defend.. and its sad to hear someone summon it up like that.. knowing in their mind.. thats the way they think of me and my for fathers.. that earned them this right to breathe.. and jeep..
its a sad, sad day.. but atleast i have you ugly ex-squid.. neo nazi.. gun totin.. hill billies.. to come home too..
my family..
semper fi!

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 09:47 PM
brendan

Re: thought for all those who frequent this BBs

There's nothing like the lowest common deminator. If caring about this country is a crime, the FBI must watch this board like a hawk. Brendan

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 10:26 PM
Addict

Well, welcome home Pat. Why are you over there on that there board anyway? You lookin for some womenfolk weren't ya? Now just what is wrong with the womenfolk in our family? Pa and uncle Dave has told you a hunnerd times that there are some fine womenfolk rightchere in our family. Now set yer rifle and them rabbits down over thar in the corner and come lookey at the family grapevine up here on the wall. Look, there's plenty of fine single womenfolk. . .there's your cousin Ellie May, your aunt Esther Jean - well no, she's as ugly as uncle Jeff is and has a thicker mustasche than he does - but here's your sweet cousin Peggy Sue. . .

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 10:56 PM
I Do This For The Glory

You're bad Jay, just plain bad. Funny, but still bad. Good thing you get automatic redemption from making those stickers.

I've been there a few times, didn't let them know I'm a regular here (nobody asked), but the atmosphere isn't the same. Your assessment is what I concluded as well, they're a little childish with their "signatures", which are very often *much* longer than the posts. I also hate the format over there, hard to get used to compared to this one. Who needs to know the TJ has a CB or antenna? Even more, who cares?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 11:19 PM

Now Jay, wut are youn tawkin bout, I thinn Aunt Esther is rite hansum wumun. Hehehe.
Yeah, Pat, I visited that site a couple of times but never even signed on. I just cant get that excited about what is the best wax to use to help remove mud, if I should happen to get some on my new TJ. That and the fact that they rarely seem to disuss an axle swap if it doesnt involve ordering it from a high dollar manufacturer(even if they dont or wont need that type of gear for the life of their Jeep). I dunno, just seemed a bit "Milk Toast" to me, but to each their own. And the fact is, the rights, liberties and freedoms need to be defended and preserved for the ignorant also, if not more so.

Jeff
89 YJ
If at 1st you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 11:26 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Well…I often find offense to the thoughts of many on this board, but at least when there is debate; it is (more often than not) respectable. Points are expressed and conflicting viewpoints are often posted without the adolescence of flaming and cursing.

I decided that it would be fun to go over to that other board and look around. Sure enough, I didn’t like it. Even though there were more people on that board who at first seem to agree with me, they prove to be people that I would rather not associate with. After being on this board for something like 3 months, I have found that debates (OT) and general fun with Jeep stuff here is the best around and that it has driven me to more thought than any other board out there.

In another post, I lost my composure and had originally decided not to post anything anymore. Then after thinking it over, I realized that I was the only one affected by this and that I would be better off re-evaluating my opinions.

This isn’t the first time for me to stop and get my bearings. When I fell in love with my Jeepchick, she challenged me to reaffirm my religion. I was Lutheran and she Baptist. My re-evaluation did not change my beliefs, but it did help me to explain my attitudes and helped us to better find some middle ground.

So…in my search for more info, I have begun an extensive reading of both the Democrat and Republican’s web pages. On the very basic levels, I have already discovered that they both lack in historical accuracy, and that as yet, I am siding more with the Republican page (which I have read more of), yet as of now, my opinion is not reset until after I have read ALL they BOTH have to offer.

For those of you who have debated with me respectably…I extend to you a thank you.

For those of you who do not know them already or would like to do as I am doing, the following links will take you to both sites:

Republicans: http://www.rnc.org/

Democrats: http://www.democrats.org/index.html

Fritz

Oh yeah, I found this pic admittedly funny.

Jeep...need I say more?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-298911-tenn2.jpg (14.5 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 11:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That was me who said that on the JU forum. I knew you hang out here and I did it in hopes that you would see how stereotyping others (especially your fellow jeepers brethren) is kind of a jacka$$ thing to do.

You could have left out the comments about 'dorks' and 'yuppies' and your point over there would have been constructive rather than dimwitted.

Let the newbies be proud of their modifications. They are at least on the right path and experimenting with their jeeps. You and I were both new to this game at one time also. I remember my first upgrades were chrome mirrors 5 years ago and.... my latest mod came yesterday with a front Dana60. Man was I proud of those mirrors

Regards,
LarryM
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 02:03 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] There is no escaping the fact that no matter what the title of the BBS is, that the posters are just people, ordinary people. Over time, you finally establish an "undeclared" format that attracts and holds a certain kind of poster. If they don't like it they won't stay; if they like it they stay. It's the process of natural selection gone cyber. If this SWB BBS has almost 85,000 posts, there must be SOMETHING that brings people back again and again. Quite a while ago I visited a Hummer Board, and I have to say that the way the people posted was disgusting; actually borderline perverse.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I know I occasionally step on toes with my right-wing perspectives, but it's a way of getting folks to at least THINK about some of the "upside down" things that have gone on for the last eight years in this country.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 02:09 AM
Way Outta Control

Dave, I limped before I met you... so keep steppin' on toes... I need the company!

Safe Jeepin'

Larry
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 02:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Fantastic sense of humor Larry! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, Down to the bare frame...parts everywhere!
1991 Cherokee Limited
2000 Durango SLT

If it's tourist season...why can't we shoot 'em?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode