Moab Motels? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Moab Motels?

I'm planing to meet a small group in Moab this spring and would appreciate some suggestions on where to stay and need to make early reservations.
Convienient in town locaton, space for a couple of tailers, not too cheezy and would serve well as a hangout or starting place for evening fun including the ones camping out.
Anyone have a favorite that fits this bill?
TIA

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Moab Motels?

i've been to moab once and i noticed that it aint really that big of a town. there's only a handfull of places to stay and i'm kinda a cheap bastard so i stayed at the 'lazy lizard hostel'. dirt cheap and very friendly. full of mountain bikers and backpacking european chics. its not as private as staying in a motel but i think my total bill for 2 nights came to $17. how can you beat that? they have private cabins and will let you pitch a tent in the back. this would keep you and your camping friends together. i don't know about the parking. call and ask. (435) 259-6057. also check this out... http://www.gj.net/~lazylzrd/body_index.html (how the hell do i make urls work?)

its worth the experience

frank

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 03:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I really can't help you on Motels, But I camped outside in April, and it was very pleasant. We where on Potash road maybe 1/4 of a mile away from the start of Poison spider mesa. Moab is a fairly small town, but does have good camping areas near town. If you arn't going during ESJ, you really shouldn't have to make reservations, we went the week before, and the town really wasn't all that busy. Another option, I had friend rent a trailer in a trailer court for the week, it was pretty close to the Hells revenge trail (dump bump, lions back) that are just out of town. The trailer court was kinda uptight about working on vehicles there. I was going to go in with a friend, and get a trailer, but after one night outside, I thought the outside type thing was great. Would change my mind depending on weather.

Thanks, Ray

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 03:53 AM
Old Hand

Jaffer,

I have camped around moab for years and have never been dissappointed. My last trip to Moab (last EJS) I ended up staying at the best western. It was fine. Most of the chain-type places are about the same there.

I would get something on the main drag near the center of town. If you are going for the EJS there is a constant 'cruise night' on the main street all night long. That may be a good starting point.

As for parking, it seems plentiful. The Best Western's wasn't even full during the EJS and that includes some trailers too. I was there two years ago during U of U's spring break and I couldn't find a camping spot and ended up staying in a no name cheeze ball motel.

I would personally stick with a known name is all. I wish I were going this year. Maybe in the fall.

-raymo
Scrambler
258 4.0 Head/MPI,NV4500,D300,4.10's,HS9500
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 07:55 AM
Journeyman

If you are planning for Easter by all means do it early. Don't consider the KOA, they don't care much for jeepers. When I have friends come to town they stay at JR's (435.259.8352, across from the south Maverik) there is a large lot in the back for parking. Canyonlands Campground (435.259.6848) is just south of City Market (the standard hangout/meeting place). Right now prices are very cheap (for Moab) but as its gets closer to warm weather the prices will go up... outrageously. Our gas has finally dropped below $1.60/gal. You helped me once with a YJ sender to CJ gauges question so if there is anything I can do for you here let me know.
Gary M.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 10:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try http://moab.utahareaguides.com

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode