new camera-testing!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 04:57 PM
sas87yj

new camera-testing!!!!

wow! this camera is working great! i think![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] do these show up? i'll boast the camera later if all works ok! please let me know!
thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-298648-jeep-a.JPG (52.0 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 04:59 PM
sas87yj

Re: new camera-testing!!!!

uno mas?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-298649-jeep-b.JPG (62.1 KB, 0 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 05:01 PM
sas87yj

ok one more![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-298652-jeep-c.JPG (58.2 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 05:03 PM
sas87yj

clarity isn't too hot is it? i'll look into that. maybe the best this little beater can do![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 05:39 PM
Frank360

is it one of those little usb interface digital cameras that sell below 100$.. if so don't expect to much... they get the picture, but they're hard to adjust to the different light sources..

A Jeep is a Jeep..
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 06:21 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Ok guys, help us out here. I would like to have a decent camera but I can't spend a grand on one. Who makes one that is the best bang for the buck? Some of you guys post some really great pics here. What are you using? My friend got one at Wally's for about $160. I have only seen one or two shots he's posted on the net but it don't look half bad. What do you want and what do you want to avoid? I just don't know jack about it! Thanks!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 06:39 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Do a search on here. This subject was covered within the last couple of weeks. It had a few good camera options, as well as things to look for when purchasing. I don't know anything about the cameras personally. I'm looking into buying a camera: INTEL'S POCKET PC. It's a low-end digital camera, but doubles as a webcam. I don't take a lot of pics, and I need another reason to log onto the web (yeah....right!!), so this camera seems to suit my purposes. I haven't been able to find it locally, but when I buy one, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hey Sas87yj. How about letting us know what camera you DID buy. That way we can avoid it, if we want/expect better pics.

DREW
IN2DEEP <font color=red>78 CJ5</font color=red> <font color=blue>302 FORD </font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] <font color=red> T176/D300 REAR ARB 35" BFGS </font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 07:27 PM
I Do This For The Glory

So far I'm torn between the Fuji Finepix 2400 and the Toshiba PDR-M60. I have done a ton of research on these cameras, if anyone needs a few links to digital cameras in general, let me know. They're both about $375, but here are the stats, generally:

2.1M size, should be good for clear 8x10 prints
use AA batteries, not Li ion
optical and digital zoom
USB downloading
removeable media card
multiple clarity ranges
macro (close-up)
built in flash with multiple modes

I know it's expensive, but the 4.3M cameras are out already, and I wanted to get a decent one now, not have to upgrade in a few years. I'm leaning towards the Fuji, but haven't made up my mind yet.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 08:29 PM
jsmith

I got a Canon PowerShot S100 for Xmas, and I absolutely love it. It is really compact, about the size of a cigarette pack, and it take great pictures. They run about $500. Do a search on the web, there are a lot of good sites with info. about various cameras.
My Web site has photos that I took with my camera.
http://members.aol.com/jdscooby/homepage.html

I'm not a Jeepaholic, I can stop jeepin any time I want.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 08:31 PM
sas87yj

yeah it's a polaroid #640 for $80 at walmart![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i may get clearer pics-still experimenting. when i first download the pics from camera to computer they are very crisp. when i get done processing them and then on to this site they have grown larger and lost their clarity! i will work on it. i believe i can fix![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode