buying a jeep - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 02:13 PM
toyatic

buying a jeep

I've been looking around a lot, and think I might have found a keeper. It is a 93 renegade. It is red with a black top. it is a 6cly, 5spd, with 56k. it has a 3susp lift and 32 bfgs. The owner is asking 9,900 which seems high, but it really is in great shape.. what do you guys think? What price would you pay???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 03:44 PM
Addict

Re: buying a jeep

I just paid 9500 for my 97 tj, its a four banger though. Has 60K on the ticker.

If your kidneys don't hurt, it's not a real Jeep!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 04:35 PM

Something to consider about pre lifted vehicles. They are usually beaten to crud, wheeled hard and may not have everything they should have. An example I have a friend got a 96 bronco, 6" lift 36" tires. he's gone through 6 drive shafts, 1 tranny and lots of other stuff, also his tires were too wide and he got a ticket for them and had to downsize to 33's. Also the rear lift has 6" blocks. Morale of the story, it might be cheeper and better to do the work on your own the right way, also the first time. As for a price comparison I got my 95 yj, 4.0, auto, ac, adult driven, 70k, really nice, soft top for 10 grand.
BarrelRoll

'95 YJ Totaled!
Now All I have is an insurance Claim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They YJ version Renagade has those ground effects. I personally would pass, because of those. Got my '90 YJ Sahara w/ 258 and 5 speed w/ 88k for $6500.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 06:50 PM
Old Hand

That doesn't sound too bad. If you are getting a YJ, I would definitely stay away from any pre-fuel injection versions, or any with a 4 banger. You can do a lot to a YJ. Put a Lock Right in the one you are looking at and you will be amazed at what you can do with it.

You could find some cheaper, but low miles may be worth it if you don't see a v8 swap in your future.

If the renegade is the one with all of the plastic/fiberglass "trim", that would be the first mod. You could probably find some black fender flares on eBay for not too much. Better yet, you could just trim the fenders completely off and probably fit 35s ; )

good luck

-raymo
Scrambler
258 4.0 Head/MPI,NV4500,D300,4.10's,HS9500
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 07:42 PM
I Do This For The Glory

<font color=blue>1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 4x4. 5spd. CD player, forest green, 96,000 mi. second eng. has only 43,000 mi. Must sell, $5,995 Call Jason -Contact Information- Portland, ME

1997 Jeep Wrangler Alloys, black, stainless, bumpers, 4cyl. 5spd. like new, 30,000 mi. Asking $10,000 -Contact Information- Winthrop, ME

1994 Wrangler Sport 98,000- lots of add ons-5 1/2 inches of lift, 33x12.50 tires with full spare, hard top, soft top, and bikini, 8 sets of lights, nerf bars, grill guard, borla headers, cat back system exhaust, monster Cd stereo, and much much more...if you want a jeep this is the only one you need--$10,500 -Contact Information- Portland, ME </font color=blue>

Just some around here. I still think it's a little high, but if it's a good deal to you, get it.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode