We are losing our land and this poll! OT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We are losing our land and this poll! OT

http://www.msnbc.com/news/511867.asp

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: We are losing our land and this poll! OT

We're down 59% to 37%!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've gotten to the point of mostly disregarding those polls. For a while there it seemed like a new one everyday, and about 95% of them are in the very liberal media, like msnbc and cnn. I really don't believe they have any influence one way or another on the decisions our lawmakers make. Sure, I still put my vote in, but I sure don't get very excited about them. If it were a poll sponsored by the BLM, USFS, etc, that would be a whole different story.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Vice-Pres. Rock Garden 4 Wheelers, Farmington, NM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 12:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Brad, I usually am the same way about these polls......The thing is with the change of leadership comming SOON and the possibility of some of the CLINTOID DEMO-LUNICY executive orders being scrutinized by the incoming party, I feel that every oppurtunity to let our new leadership know of our disapproval of these executive orders is a must do! These things can be changed, but it is not an easy task. Four years is not alot of time to undo eight (seems like eighty) years of poor decision making. Hopefully if we cry loud enough then some of the things that are VERY IMPORTANT to our life styles can be un-done. But we have to voice our disapproval of these acts when-ever and where-ever we can. If it is a liberal media poll then so be it.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 03:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep. Point is, I just don't get my hopes up that anything will change. I still put in my 2 cents, and of course do my part in other ways.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Vice-Pres. Rock Garden 4 Wheelers, Farmington, NM
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 09:53 PM
Addict

Look out! They are going to demand a recount soon. . . . we are only down 48 - 49% now. I am sure if we surpass them they will say that the undecided 2% actually INTENDED to vote in favor of the roadless ban!

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 10:10 PM

so its off limits to logging, road construction and oil drilling?

this is a serious question I have, why is that bad?
the way I see its more rugged land to play with right?

or does that automatically mean no motorized access?

dont jump on your little war ponies, just explain to me why jeepers would want to build roads, Log, and drill for oil in the woods?

OzarkJeep

"If thats the way that you want it, well thats the way I want it more..."
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 11:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Right now, it's split at 49 to 49 percent.

I'm with Brad. These polls don't mean much.

What these executive orders do is put land off limits to more or less anything, including motorized recreation.

<font color=blue>45-auto
Bone stock '81 CJ7.</font color=blue>
"You can always see it coming. But you can never stop it."
-- Cowboy Junkies.

http://www.televar.com/~bthomas/index.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 11:38 PM
Addict

Ozark -

That's correct. There is a provision in there that says that any present unimproved road less than 72" or 96" wide (I don't remember the exact # - help me out Brad!) will be off limits to ALL motorized travel. BOOM - we just lost all of our "fun" areas to play in! This pretty much means EVERY unimproved road in these public lands - this will not only shut down FUTURE ranching/logging/mining/drilling - but PRESENT also! It is being packaged by the media as something that it really is not. So what else is new? Slick willie is so slick, he made this 80+ page executive order so convoluted and so cumbersome and so tied up in red tape - it makes it almost impossible to overturn by the next administration.

But take heart! While we are screwed in the sort term, there are already plans by the new administration to take this to Federal court on the grounds of it being unconstitutional to the highest degree, as well as the "scientific evidence" sited therein being much much less than scientific, and how this will in effect DESTROY these areas - siting 100+ years of true scientific research and land management. The fat lady hasn't sung yet on this issue. But now WE have to write our Senators and Congressmen and let them know we are highly disgusted at this land closure!

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 09:30 AM
I Do This For The Glory

AT 14,798 we're running 51% to their 47%. I know it doesn't matter in the large scheme, but someone took the time to put the survey toegther and the result will be seen by people. I'm glad we're ahead, but because we're ahead, the results won't hit the airways, which is still fine.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode