Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: How to test a battery
1. Clean the posts and battery cable connectors.
2. Put some grease on the connectors and posts.
3. Install the batteries.
4. Charge them up with the vehicle.
5. See if they hold the charge overnight and start the vehcile.
6. Go to the Auto Parts store and ask to use a Load tester.
7. Load test the battery.
If they do hold the charge, their likely good
If they don't hold the charge, thier likely bad.
That's really about all you can do. The battery voltage you're reading is a good reading.