SRS and drive shaft seperating - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SRS and drive shaft seperating

I did a search on SRS and so alot of info concerning drive shaft seperation. I'm running a th400 and quadratrac and the front shaft is really long with a long slip spline, has anyone done a SR and had problems with this setup?

78 CJ-7/401/TH400/Quadratrac/35" BFG AT'S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 09:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: SRS and drive shaft seperating

i have a tf 727.. almost as long as you.. with a slipyolk.. and yes, i pull mine apart everytime i wheel with it.. and it is fully collapsed normally. it really depends on how far your jeep flexes... i have the most trouble when both the front wheels are off the ground, it stretches the whole axle away and has just enough to pop, the driveshaft free. i also moved my front axle forward a ways.. try it, and if it comes apart... order the $250 driveshaft

~~Elusive~~
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]safaried..1 ton drivetrain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj,lift..etc
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 10:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

With my SOA, and SRS, I even pull apart my Tom Woods long travel driveshaft, but it only happens when both front tires drop.

Thanks, Ray

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 12:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Tuck this little item deep in your brain............"There is A RAT in separate." Separate is one of THEE most mispelled words.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 12:47 AM

"Thank You", teacher, here is a nice shiny apple. May I move to the front of the class, I promise to behave this time. Hehehehe.

Hey,...why do I have to wear the dunce cap again?

Jeff
89 YJ
If at 1st you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 07:42 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Good, you're wearing the cap again, means I get to take it off finally!

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 09:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Whatever you do......don't push on that "break" pedal.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Don't get me wrong....I wouldn't trade this BBS with a mispelled word now and then for the Phi Beta Kappa newsletter that is sitting on my desk right now.(It's my daughter's; I'm not that smart))[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I never could spell. Got fluent in spanish and it got even worse. Prof. said that I learned to spell everything the way it is pronounced. Cost me a fortune in beer to get all my papers proof read.

That is amazing, that you pulled apart your TW driveshaft. Did you have that ultralong travel shaft(the one that isn't ballanced, it has like 18" of travel)? Or did you get the long travel one that is ballanced(10" of travel)?

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 12:33 PM
Official Historian

i have a similar setup as you, nick. i have a warrior products shackle reversal system and 4" lift with shackles 5" from bolt center to center. i moved my front axle forward an inch and got a new driveshaft made. i just got a longer version of the stock shaft made. i think it is 40" running length with about 1 1/2" of compression and the rest of the travel for extension. i haven't had any problems with the shaft yet either.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode