Tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tires

Got a 97 TJ with 31" BFG AT's (Non-KO) and I'm looking to get new tires. Getting a RE 2" lift put on, so it's new 31" or 32" tires within a month or so. The 3 tires I'm looking at are the BFG MTs (32"), the BFG AT KOs (32") and the Yokohama Geolander MTs (31"). Read great reviews about the Geolanders beating out the MT/Rs and Baja Claws in lots of areas, but I see nothing but BFG MTs everywhere I look. The AT's have been nice, but I would like a more aggressive tires. My Jeep is a daily driver and road noise doesn't bother me a bit. The ATs aren't loud enough for me ...

So far the BFG MT's are at the top of the list with the AT KOs coming up a quick second. The Geolanders look very interesting, but I haven't seen them anywhere yet. The knockout would be BFG MT KOs with some sipping in the tread...

I live in Washington DC area so not a lot of snow... Mostly Mud and Slush...

Is BFG coming out with an MT KO?? With sipping?? Which tire would you folks pick??

O||||O

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 10:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tires

I am running 35 inch Yokohamas, and I am very happy with them. I recently Siped them, and even though I havn't wheeled them since the siping, I can tell the differance on our snowy roads, so I recomend siping ang mud tire. I have only run 2 sets of tires on my Jeep, the first set where 35 inch Boggers, and I feel the Yokohamas are better in everything I do then Boggers, mostly deep snow, but some rockcrawling during the summer, and very little mud. Onething I don't like about the Yokohamas is that they are shorter then other 35's. Mine are middle ground between 35 inch BFG MT's, and 33 inch Goodyear MT's, and probably 2 inches shorter than the boggers I used to run. I was concerned about the sidewall after I cut one on the first trip out on an easy trail, but I spent a week in Moab rubbing the sidewalls aganst rocks without a problem, so I think they are as strong as other Radials.

Thanks, Ray

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 07:06 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Tires

I e-mailed the pres. of the New Jersey Beach Buggy Association (www.njbba.com) and for the sand his group likes the BFG ATs. I'm just up the pike in S. Jersey. Please fill out your profile, this BBS is a very nice place to come with some of the best people willing to help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode