Shackle reversal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 12:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shackle reversal

I'm looking into a shackle reversal and was wondering what brand is the best. Does anyone have the Warrior kit? I'm looking to get alittle better road manners and this looks like the next step. I'm running 4" skyjacker springs and 3/8" conferr shackles if it matters. Welding is not a problem but I don't have time to make a custom setup.

78 CJ-7/401/TH400/Quadratrac/35" BFG AT'S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 03:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Shackle reversal

dont have time? it doesnt take that long if you have a welder.. get your hands on a torch.. and you can do it in a weekend.. how hard do you think it is? take a look at my site.. and see how simple it is.. if you have any other questions on it.. email me.. the jeep is sitting right out front.. and you can do it my way for like under 50 bucks.. instead of paying 200 for some crappy bolt on garbage.. plus my way you can get a new front bumper out of it if you like..
p.s. its not really "my" way.. just what i decided to do... and post on the website.. i dont need anybody to get their panties in a bunch if they did this before i did..

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 05:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

especially since you just copied my jeep!....good thing one of us is creative and smart...and good looking...and has a 60 in the front.....lol....
jeepgod is right though.. i bet i could make a srs in less time than you could bolt one on....with a chop saw, welder, torch, drill press, and grinder...srs is the only way to go.. dont let anyone fool you...

~~Elusive~~
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]safaried..1 ton drivetrain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj,lift..etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 06:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

somehow i knew your panties would knot all up there elusive.. remember.. the front part was my idea.. and granted you had the most important part with the hanger on top of the frame.. but together.. its awesome!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
where would the two of us be with our jeeps.. if we didnt spend all those night getting drunk...and talking jeep.. and pissin off your old lady... huh? we would still have some dorky sua jeep.. hehehe.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

jeepgod

Checked out your shackle reverse on your web site. I was going to get a kit but I think you are right it could be done better and cheaper than the kits. Does the shackles rub the frame? What about a tube thru the frame with diamond shaped gussets on both sides of the frame around the tubes? I don't know if I can weld a shackle mount on top of the frame with the body on the frame.

TexasJeep

Got Dirt?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 04:51 AM
Keyboard Implanted

hey texas..
well do they rub.. yes..have lost a tiny bit of paint.. but if it wasnt for that. i would never notice.. you can drill thru the frame, but you have to weld in a support thru the frame.. and that was to much work for us.. do weld it top.. just take the fenders off.. with the front grille.. and it can all be done really easy like that.. if you use that shackle hanger.. i welded the hoop part down to the flat part.. so it would seperate over time.. but i love this set up..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode