Hammer Pics 2001 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2001, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Hammer Pics 2001

Here are a few pics of the New Year trip to the Hammers. It was a great trip.
These trails are great, very loose and tore up lately, which makes it pretty challenging.
I have a few of them and dont know how to post them without opening them, so be patient and enjoy.

Jeff
89 YJ
If at 1st you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-295641-H8jack1.JPG (56.1 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2001, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Re: Hammer Pics 2001

Some more of Jack Hammer, WhooooHoooo.

Jeff
89 YJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-295643-H8jack2.JPG (54.2 KB, 1 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Another YJ Driver from "Tin Benders" , the club I just joined up with.

Jeff
89 YJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-295647-TBYJjack1.JPG (56.7 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Another of the same YJ taking a tricky line up Jack Hammer. Oh yeah and me in the back ground, you might have noticed by now that I like cameras.

Jeff
89 YJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-295649-TBYJjack2.JPG (57.7 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Here is a nice shot of Mikes excelent set up rock buggy as we work our way up a through a tough off shoot, that I lead us up through on Claw Hammer. It was brutal.

Jeff
89 YJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-295650-Mikesbuggy.JPG (45.9 KB, 0 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Here is one more shot of my YJ coming up ClawHammer with my furry mascott strapped on the front(Thats right,its the dancing gopher from Caddy Shack, and I can make him dance from a switch in the cab).

Jeff
89 YJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-295654-H8claw1.JPG (54.3 KB, 1 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 01:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Jeff,.....if you did not use a camera and document this, the standard reaction to anyone outside of the rockcrawler community would be: "Boo Too"...."Boo Too".....[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I always remember that term because a buddy of ours was in the Peace Corps a zillion years ago and we sent him a postcard from the newly finished Candlestick Park ball stadium in San Francisco showing the huge parking lot with maybe several thousand cars. When he showed it to the natives; many of whom had seen maybe TWO Land Rovers in their entire lives; their reaction was: "Boo Too".....translation: (Simply) NOT POSSIBLE. Unless you actually SEE Jeeps doing that, it doesn't seem possible. Another instance where man's persistence and ingenuity over a period of time with plenty of trial and error and a lot of shared and sold knowledge has produced remarkable results. Sort of like getting a stock car engine to go 500 miles at 9800 RPM......."Boo Too"...but yet they DO it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 06:12 AM
sas87yj

cool pics jeff![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i didn't see your rig in the surprise canyon trip in off-road this month! maybe that is not as much fun as the hammers- having to be winched up to make it. hmmmmmm? i wonder if you could make it w/o a winch? i bet the weather was nice there in johnson valley! you gotta love the desert in the winter! i took a couple trips over the holidays in my "stocker" and had a blast!
keep on jeepn'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

I have been wheelin a lot lately with the guys from All Pro, in fact I wheeled with John Bonderant this last weekend. They have some very well set up Toyotas, I also have wheeled in the past with many of the crew from Marlin including there head mechanic Arron. I love wheelin there Toyota testing trail above Bass Lake called Spirit World,(I posted pics of the trail) again they have some good drivers and very nice Toyotas, and I love mixing it up with those guys. I spent my last trip to the Hammers over Thanksgiving wheeling with Chris Gieger, the editor for the Toyota section of off-road.com and his club the X TOYS.
But more interestingly I just joined a club called Tin Benders, based originaly out of Ridgecrest Ca, onky minutes from Surprise Canyon, so Im sure Ill be spending some time trying to climb all of the waterfalls without a hook. One of the YJs in the club has climbed 5 of 7 without assistance. Ill probably do a trip out there right after the engine swap in the next couple months. Ill be sure to post pics.
Later,

Jeff
89 YJ
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 04:14 PM
sas87yj

cool! i lived in ridgecrest for 15 years. started my career as a surveyor there after 2 years of attempted college architecture major![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
yeah surprise is only about 1 hour away to the bottom of course! when we go to panamint/death valley this spring we will go up as far as the first waterfall i'm sure! then turn around and head for ballarat and goler/striped butte. i'm seriously contemplating going more extreme on my jeep after gazing at your pics![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i want to climb higher!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode