My New Website - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 04:14 PM
jsmith

My New Website

I have been playing on the computer the past couple of days and have been learning to write HTML. I created my own web site. I just started it, but I have the important stuff on there, The Jeep!!!. If anyone is interested you can click on the link.

http://members.aol.com/jdscooby/homepage.html

I'm not a Jeepaholic, I can stop jeepin any time I want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 04:29 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: My New Website

What a great find !! A 77 CJ5 with 30,000 on it . Nice start to the webpage too .

Jeff

<font color=red>
1979 CJ5
Almost finished [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ( Ya Right ! )</font color=red>

<font color=blue>Dear Santa :<font color=blue><font color=black> I would like : Front & Rear Lockers, Jeep T18 ,CJ5 Tilt Column </font color=black>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 05:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Someday when I grow up I hope to have my own Site also. I have looked at several "free" website offers but - I'm chicken. Did it hurt much?
Bye the way - how old are you when you grow up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 10:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I also would like to try to post a HTML. Nice ride also.

Well that was easy but some boards don't have the option of browsing and adding an attachment. What do you do if that's the case? Also how do you put it in the message instead of an attachment?
Attached Files
File Type: html 9-294279-myjeeppage1.html (3.2 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 02:26 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">You can either type the site's address, such as: www.homestead.com/sandman454
and the people can copy and paste it into their browser;

or type the following HTML code (with < and > in place of { and } )
{a href="http://www.put the link to your site here.com"}name of the site as you want link to appear{/a}

Typed in the correct way the link would appear as:
name of the site as you want link to appear

In fact, this is the best way there is to deal with HTML rather than posting it directly, just use the above items to make a link to it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]Notice, the example site I used is mine, and isn't Jeep related (but is 4x related) but it works as an example. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My November article on ORC
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 09:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Like this maybe. Sorry to keep using your link jsmith but i didn't figure you would mind.

jsmiths link
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 09:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Sandman for the directions. I now can post web links in the attachment or straight to the message. I have one more question. I know how to post pictures to the attachment but is it possible to post pictures straight on to the message without having it on some kind of photo point on the web? Or basically downloading from the machine straight to the message so when you read the message the picture is right there.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 10:42 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">No problem...

What I always tend to do is go to the Test forum (clicky) and make sure the "I want to preview etc..." box is checked, and post a picture as an attachment. Then I copy the link by clicking the right mouse button on the link that's formed by the attachment. To make it appear in your post you have a couple of options on this BBS.
[*] The first option should work at any BBS where HTML is enabled (most of them) It is as follows:
{img src="http://put the address to the picture you want to post here"} (as before, replace the { and } with < and > ).
[*] The second option works mainly on this BBS. It is as follows:
{image}www.put the address of the picture you want to post here.jpg{/image} (replacing the { and } with the square brackets [ and ] ).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask (that goes for anyone).</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 11:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here it goes. If it works it will be a picture of my 79 CJ7 under construction. If you look at the bondo on the passenger fender and the grill that is where it took a load of buckshot in the face. It was there when I bought it.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 11:42 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Cool, seems to show up good for me. Congrats [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] On a side note, I need a shop like that. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode