OT-Glock Take Down Schematics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT-Glock Take Down Schematics

I went to a gun show today and got myself a .40 Glock 23C. It it has a compensator built on it. Does anyone have any take down schematics that they can scan and send to me. I don't have any books for it, and the guy I traded for it didn't have any schematics.

Thanks
Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT-Glock Take Down Schematics

Not really much to it. Make sure the chamber is empty. Pull the trigger. Push the slide to the rear about 1/8". The little slide looking buttons on each side of the slide just over the trigger guard are now loose and can be pulled straingt down. The slide and barrell will now slide off the front.

Remove the recoil spring and barell.

The little plastic piece on the back of the slide slides straight down, but you have to disconnect the firing pin assembly from the inside before the plastic piece will move. To do this look at the bottom tit of the firing pin itself. The part where the sear engages the firing pin and pushes it back. Just in front and in that groove you can see about 1/8" of round black plastic. With a small pin, screwdriver or punch push that plastic piece forward about 1/8". With that plastic in the forward position the cap on the back of the slide can now be removed. This exposes the firing pin assembly and extractor. It should rarely be necessary to remove any of this, however.

Just field stripping - removing slide assembly - is enough to get to everything to clean it. Everything in the receiver is held together with pins.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 10:32 PM
joeybcdt

Doug, you da man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks Doug.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now I can go out to the range and try it out.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 01:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glock is one of the finest handguns built - they are stone dependable - you can't break a Glock with a hammer - a Glock resides in my wifes purse and I sometimes take my G35 to shoot at the local USPSA matches. They also have a great saftey system that is very easy to understand - if your finger is not wrapped around the trigger - it don't work!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode