Jeep People, Boy Scouting, Eagle Scouts kinda OT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Jeep People, Boy Scouting, Eagle Scouts kinda OT

I was talking w/ an eagle scout friend of mine on the way to the junkyard today, he's 17 I'm 16. He wants a truck but we were talking about the people that drive the trucks (fords, dodges and chevys, don't mean to insult anybody) and we decided that the majority especally where we live are usually egotistical and not very nice. Jeep people came up, they are really helpful, the jeep people I know pull more people out than any chevy boy I know. Jeepers will help you on the trail, not laugh at you. I'm sure there are some other nice 4x4 boys just not as many as jeepers. Then we brought up that alot of these people are probably eagle scouts or atlest scouts at one time. Who on this board is or was, I'm just curous?
BarrelRoll

'95 YJ Totaled!
Now All I have is an insurance Claim !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 08:17 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: Jeep People, Boy Scouting, Eagle Scouts kinda OT

Cub Scouts, Webelos, and Boy Scout for 8 years. Enjoyed all of them. Never made it to Eagle, but helping others along the way there was very fulfilling.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 08:26 PM

cub to star troop 388 panama city fla. got kick out for eating brownie

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 12:49 AM
Old Hand

I'm an Eagle Scout.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 12:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Never got to be in Boy Scouts because we always had cows to milk when the after skool scouting took place. About 1984 or 85 I took over a Weblos den....21 boys....taught them something besides how to glue a styrofoam cup to a paper plate[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]....brought in lawnmower engines to tear down and took 'em two at a time to the range to teach them how to shoot. VERY politically incorrect by today's totally liberal democrap standards. Whenever I see a democrap I ask them if they like boy scouts then I beat up on them for the democraps anti-boy scout, pro-queer position.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] That's the best example that I can use to demonstrate the "Clintonizing" of the democrap party.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 10:42 AM
Aprentice

I was the world's worst Boy Scout. Went through Cubs, and umpteen years of Boy Scouts and never made it past tenderfoot. Had a great time but never saw the sense in working on all those ranks. Now I wish I had. Been a member of the troop committee since my oldest started at 11, he's 20 now. The youngest just started scouts this fall, so I suppose I'm going to be involved for a few more years. I have had more fun being involved in Scouts as an adult than I did as an actual Scout. My role in camping trips is sort of a ballast. The Scoutmaster is the kind of guy that looks and acts as a Scoutmaster should. I on the other hand like to sit around camp, overeat, drink beer and smoke cigars. It sort of adds a balance.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 11:19 AM

In the Cubs and Boy Scouts as a kid; made it as high as Star....now an Asistant Scoutmaster and Webloes Leader. It's the greatest program going that nobody knows about. We do a lot of camping and other outdoor activities, which our XJ has been very useful, especially hauling all that gear to remote campsites. Our newest activity is sailing. Our troop has been fortunate enough to have a 22' 1973 Ventur sloop donated to it. It's out of the water now for the season and we'll be busy this winter getting it ready for a spring time launch.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 11:30 AM
Official Historian

eagle scout class of 1990.

both of my brothers are too. a couple of years ago the arkansas democrat gazette newspaper did an article on scouting in our family.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 12:50 PM

I'm an eagle scout but also a chevy owner/builder

So I guess they cancel out and make me ordinary right?

LMAO [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

LakeTex
Durant, Ok
http://www.capninsano.coloradok5.com
The road goes on forever...and the party never ends!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Yeah there are lots of you, I think they go hand in hand jeeps (exploring the woods, tinkering, helping people, fixing stuff) and Scouting (learning out door skills, exploring the woods, helping people) It's nice to see I'm not alone, and yeah the 1st time I went wheeling was last summer in a lifted bronco (of all things, the guy is nice) while I was on staff at a boyscout camp, now is that politically correct? The politically correctness and inforced rules arn't fun, they've made it alot different but we find way to have fun anyways.
BarrelRoll

'95 YJ Totaled!
Now All I have is an insurance Claim !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode