Mounting 10 Disc Cd Player - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 09:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mounting 10 Disc Cd Player

Does anyone have any idea's on mounting a 10 disc cd player in a YJ? Looking for an out
of the way place to hide it. The only spot I can think of is under the drivers seat.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Mounting 10 Disc Cd Player

Mount it in your council. If you have the cheap plastic one buy a large helicopter ammo box from a surplus store and mount it in place. It can be painted is weather proof and can be locked by drilling two holes and using a small
U-bolt with a lock. Run your wiring out the bottom by drilling holes and use rubber grommets to seal box.
Works great if on a budget.

Viper
Tits or Tires = No Money!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 10:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine is mounted under the rear seat, hidden bolted to the floor. Gives you easy access while you're in the drivers seat too, the only thing is you have to be careful of it if you pull out the rear seat to load stuff.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Probably the best place to put it would be in a locking console between the front seats. Bolt the console down and then fasten the player that. This way it is secure, out of sight, and you have access to it. Also, you won't have to run very long wires in order to connect it to your head unit. All of the wires should be able to be run underneath where the carpet is in two pieces. (Right above the tranny)

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 11:28 AM

Why not take out the glove box and put it there? If you want you could even just cut the back out of it.

78 cj7 for sale (insert tears here).
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 11:29 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I find it interesting that a guy named "Poormansjeep" is asking where to mount a 10-disc CD changer... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Sorry, I just thought it ironic.

In a nice Tuffy console would be best. ...or sell the CD thing and get a new rear axle for that YJ. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Pete [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...gyver/jeep.htm
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 08:53 PM
Veteran

I mounted a clarion 6-disc inside my tuffy console. It's the 10" wide model. I like it so well I'm seriously considering sticking another 6-disc in there. The clarion radio will run 2 changers. It's close, convenient, out-of-sight, and SECURE in the tuffy. I'm no spring chicken and this is the first cd radio/changer I've had. I just love uninterrupted Manson, Primus, Rammstein, and White/Rob Zombie and anything else that gets the blood pumping.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 11:13 AM
Addict

I mounted my twelve disc under the drivers seat, it is too big to get out with out removing the seat, if somebody does try to steal it they will have to break it or remove the seat. I figure if they have to break it to get it out maybe they will leave it. I think it would be a little obvious to wrench the seat out in broad daylight. I really like the location, to change discs I just slide the seat forward and tip the back, it is within arms reach. I use the remote control to operate it so I don't have a control sitting out in the open screaming "there's a disc changer in here !".
jake.

If your kidneys don't hurt, it's not a real Jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode