what adapter for 2100 carb - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 11:08 PM
Posts: n/a
what adapter for 2100 carb

I have a 71 304 in my 79 CJ7 and was wandering what adapter a 2100 carb would need? The one that is on it dosen't fit properly. The adapter is slightly larger than the intake and the gasket has to squish over it to seal. The adapter fits the carb fine. My guess would be the Summit adapter for a large two barrel carb to a small two barrel intake. Does anyone know what year they changed the intake because my last 79 had a 2100 and I beleive it bolted directly to the intake? This intake definately has a smaller bolt patern for the carb.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 08:43 AM
Posts: n/a
Re: what adapter for 2100 carb

Are you using a factory 2 barrel intake with the 2100?? Is there a Bakelite plate under the carb?? If not then there should be. My 77,78,79,82,84 V8's all had the Bakelite plate under the carb which made it to where you had to use a gasket under the carb and another one between the Bakelite plate and the intake.
Did your intake come factory with a MotorCraft carb or did it come with something else??

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 08:55 AM
Posts: n/a
Re: what adapter for 2100 carb

I bought the jeep a couple years ago and it is a 79 but the engine is a 71. The valve cover number matches a 71 plus the head has 71 stamped on it. It is a factory AMC intake. I beleive someone took the 2100 off the 79 engine and put it on the 71 motor when they done the swap. They used most of the 79 stuff like the electronic ignition, alternator, even the 79 exhaust manifolds. I figured a 71 might have used a different carb or something. the bolt pattern on the intake is quite smaller than the bolt pattern on the carb. Where would I find this bakelite plate you are talking about and is it the same bolt pattern for the carb and for the intake? Or more like a spacer than an adapter?

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome